Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2007 "Roar from the Shore" Poker Run - Solomons Island, MD - Aug 3-5 Presented by CPE >

2007 "Roar from the Shore" Poker Run - Solomons Island, MD - Aug 3-5 Presented by CPE

Notices

2007 "Roar from the Shore" Poker Run - Solomons Island, MD - Aug 3-5 Presented by CPE

Old 07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Steve has done a bit more advertising but I believe the schedule conflicts with a HRPA run.

HRPA is later in the month - the 18th. A lot of the marinas have bikes they'll loan you, but I'd suggest bringing a helmet if you plan on staying out late!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cignificant
HRPA is later in the month - the 18th. A lot of the marinas have bikes they'll loan you, but I'd suggest bringing a helmet if you plan on staying out late!
Are you going to do this poker run?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Now we're talkin!!!!
To do that you need guaranteed participation. A lot of places need you to guarantee a certain amount of people and pay up front. Its hard to front 5k if you only have 10-15 boats. So...spread the word
Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ok - I finally have to add my 2 cents. As was already said by dreamboater . . . it's not only the $5K that Steve would have had to front to get the ballroom, without any guarantee from the participants that he would recoup any of that money, but it is also to the discretion of the hotel as to the clientele that they want there. Yes, they have slips and they have many ballrooms and rooms . . . . but . . . . Steve did have one of the ballrooms reserved there but a wedding decided to book for the same day and the wedding took precedence. It was the impression that I got from talking to Steve that the hotel would rather have the wedding clientele than the rowdy "Poker Run" crowd. Most of the boaters that have slips there are the sailboaters, large houseboaters, etc. You don't see any "go fasts" there at the slips. Unfortunately, it may be a problem of stereotyping events/boats/people.

If the Holiday Inn would have been part of the run, they would have been a sponsor and would have had their name on the artwork too!

Mark - you met Steve last weekend at Richmond. He told me that he wish he would have known who you were because he would have explained everything. He's a good guy who is just getting started at this and is just trying to help support our local establishments on the Pax River/Bay and provide a fun run for all of us locally.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Are you going to do this poker run?
It doesn't look like it. It looks like I'm moving my mother-in-law from Northern VA to Penn that weekend.....
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just bumping this up to remind everyone!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just wanted to bump this up again to remind everyone it's this weekend!!!!!!

Not sure on the total count of boats that have pre-registered! I did talk to Steve on Friday and he said that he had boats coming from PA and NJ as well.

Should be a really good time!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bump!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I ran into steve friday night at tiki and i really want to do this run. But unfortunately we're having a surprise baby shower for my sister at my folks house at 2pm. We're just across the river from Vera's though, so i might try to stop by the after party. Good luck guys, wish i could make it!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

anyone know how many boats are running?

Quick Reply: 2007 "Roar from the Shore" Poker Run - Solomons Island, MD - Aug 3-5 Presented by CPE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.