LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA >

LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA

Notices

LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA

Old 08-27-2007, 01:07 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spoke to David Byrd at WATERWHEEL MARINA (located on the east side of the bridge). His ramps are very long and deep and he has had no issues with launching larger boats. He said he will accomidate anyone he can. Cost to launch is $20 for 30+ feet & $10 for >30'. He can also store your trailers/trucks for a daily fee (discuss that with him) You will want to call him ahead of time to make sure he is there to open the launch ramp. These are private ramps. Call him at 540-537-6209 or his brother Steve at 540-537-6207.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Thanks, Yep, you could have run with us, a Fountain, Donzi and Docman's AT showed up and ran with us, the chopper was an added bonus. I did see you, we came up there for lunch, you were waiting for somebody to get some gas, that is one sweeeet sounding boat you have there. It would really be nice to make the runs on that lake on a weekday or early in the morning, dodging those rental pontoons is a chore, they seem to have no boating sense what-so-ever. I took out early Sunday and was able to open it up from Mariners up to the park.
Yea, we had our club meeting at noon. Wish we knew you were around...it would have been fun. I stopped by Docman's place on the way home but he wasn't there...probably out running with you guys...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

the ramp at waterwheel is the best at the lake, we used it 3 years when the lake was down nearly 5-6 ft, if you can't get it in there you won't get it in,
current lake level is down 3.25ft
Old 08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwdill
current lake level is down 3.25ft
I was judging by the water line on the rocks and ramp. At Mariners, the inside row of boats cannot even get off the lift,

It cost me $7 at the Park and left my truck there overnight, but there isnt anywhere to dock and pick up anyone there. Didnt know about waterwheels, only been there twice.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
I was judging by the water line on the rocks and ramp. At Mariners, the inside row of boats cannot even get off the lift,

It cost me $7 at the Park and left my truck there overnight, but there isnt anywhere to dock and pick up anyone there. Didnt know about waterwheels, only been there twice.
you can pick people up at the beach docks, should be included in fee, there is a dock at the ramp to the right as you are putting in.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwdill
there is a dock at the ramp to the right as you are putting in.

lol, you should see how far up that dock is right now, I dont think anyone could jump that far down, didnt see any ladders, check it out while your there this weekend. Wish I could make it back up there, the weather looks to be great for ya.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

come on back up...you can tie up at my place on the lake if you want to?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

The weather could not be any better for this weekend...AWESOME!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homea...21?dp=precipdp
Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

CRANK THE COVE PARTY
For those of you looking for something to do this Sunday, Patty & I are going to throw a "Crank the Cove Party" on Sunday starting at 12 Noon at our place. Everyone is welcome to attend. (Kids too) We will be hangin in the cove running the heck out of the nicorette. Tubing, skiing & wakeboarding for all ages. (Maybe even somebody surfing too...right Will?) We'll be grilling most of the day and drinks will be on hand. BYOB & Food if you want, we'll have plenty to share) Music & Dancing too if we can find a "Crowd Pleaser! Swing on by or come for the day...you're all welcome. We'll probably be going into the evening time too. Might even get a chance to see Patty in the boots if we all play our cards right! We hope you all can make it.

PS: Water level is no problem all the way back into Gills Creek. We're right off Lovely Valley & Scruggs (Dumpsters) (Paisley Ln to Viola Dr to end SEE MAP BELOW)

Lake House Phone #: 540-719-0201
Attached Thumbnails LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA-untitled-2-.jpg   LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA-2.gif  
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

I'm bringing the little grill, I'll be fix-in Italian sausage and brats,

Quick Reply: LABOR DAY FUN RUN...Smith Mountain Lake VA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.