Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You need to check out the NEW ramp on the north end of the dam. No overnight parking but it is supposed to be a good ramp. Also I did not see any way to load passengers, so once the boat is in the water you are on your own, or swim out to the boat. I have loaded my Black Thunder @ Jamestown and State Dock. The ramp at State Dock is much better. At State Dock keep your trailer to the far left (next to the floating dock) as you back down. There is a shallow spot on the far right. At Jamestown the far right lane (next to the floating dock) is the best. The ramp at Jamestown has a shallow angle and the area is very congested. There is almost no trailer parking at Jamestown or State Dock for a larger trailer. Good luck and be safe. Joe Murray

Last edited by f311fr1; 09-02-2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Addtional info
Old 09-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamestown Ramp OK

I launched a 46 Black Thunder @ Jamestown on Saturday with no problem, I used the lane closest to the walkway which they just last week put in a new 45 ft section of ramp, I also pulled launch and pulled out two 35 Nordic Flames on Sunday and on one we used the center lane so just pay attention and you should be OK.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

thanks for the Post Unlimited......
Can't Wait For this wknd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

Default Web Site

Interactive site for the Lake Cumberland State Dock Poker Run
www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net

Check It out

Also be aware that the Harmon Creek party cove location is still a very popular creek for family boaters and there is always alot of KIDS being fulled on tubes also PWC activity. I have been there on several occassions this year and have seen alot of dangerours situations, I also have talked to KY Fish and Wildlife officers and they are also very concerned of the potential dangers. So weather it is the 76 Falls area or Harmon Creek everyone be cautious and be safe.

Unlimited Marine
Old 09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Registered

I hate to say it, but we can't make C umberland.
I will have Matt there flying my colors and giving demonstrations of what my Polish and Metal Serum can do. If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to give me a shout. Have a great time and see yall next year!

Donnie
Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I wouldn't miss it for the world. I will be there for 10 days with my new 37 A.T.
Boatfreak,
I passed you Sat around noon on your way into the State Dock/Jamestown Idile Zone. Boat looked great! Congrats on the new ride. Where you from in Indy?
Duke
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Heading down Thursday AM, can't wait! Definetely the best weekend of the year on Cumberland.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited
Also be aware that the Harmon Creek party cove location is still a very popular creek for family boaters and there is always alot of KIDS being fulled on tubes also PWC activity. I have been there on several occassions this year and have seen alot of dangerours situations, I also have talked to KY Fish and Wildlife officers and they are also very concerned of the potential dangers. So weather it is the 76 Falls area or Harmon Creek everyone be cautious and be safe.

I had the same concerns about Harmon, so this past weekend I headed down there both days to check it out. I'm guessing the family atmosphere has been relocated elsewhere, because I didn't see any signs of it this weekend. Other than the idiot jet skiers, which are everywhere, I didn't see any issues with access to jacks branch. It seemed as if everyone was getting down to a reasonable speed well before they got back to where the crowd began. Here's a shot looking in to Jacks branch from harmon:

I prefer to stay well out of the mess, so that's as far as I bothered to go. There were a heck of a lot more boats packed back in there on Sunday.
The spot I can see being potential trouble is the entrance to harmon if people are over eager on getting up to speed. It's not overly tight, but with the lower water, it's a pretty good s curve getting thru there coming from state dock.

The green circle:
Old 09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered

I was also at Harmon Creek this weekend. I guess I should say I was actually parked in Jacks Branch, which is to the end of Harmon. This is definately where the action is. It wasn't too bad getting there either. From the main lake and all the way back Harmon, until you get to Jacks Branch, this is where you need to be careful. Harmon appears to be "THE SPOT" for the party!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there on satudary also. It was packed with boats I didn't see any problems other than watch out for the jet skis.

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.