Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Alright guys lets get this thread started. Who's going, and who is bringing the good looking women. I got room for two BLONDES.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm on the road right now coming from the Emerald Coast Poker Run delivering the boat to Lake Cumberland Marine for the poker run. Best run of the year!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I wouldn't miss it for the world. I will be there for 10 days with my new 37 A.T.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

I hear, that even though the run is scheduled to go to 76 Falls, the party will be at Harmon Creek. Seems the 76 Falls is all dried up!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

You are correct boatchick. Made a couple trips to 76 falls this yr and it was deserted. They expect you to hang out in the creek leading up to the falls. Give me a break.

The new "falls" type atmosphere is definately in Harmon Creek and we need to make sure all the runners know that is the place to be for the post run gathering. Plenty of deep clean water, close to State Dock, and there isn't a mile long no wake zone like Grider has. In fact there isn't a no wake zone at all on the way there. Also lots of skin to see as well.

All you runners, as you enter Harmon, stay left and continue to the second big cove on the left. You can't miss it. Spread the word.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Location: Home of WILD TURKEY 101 & State Dock Lake Cumberland
Default Harmon Creek

With the lower water levels Harmon Creek will be much deeper and clearer... The itinerary says the run to the falls is still a go, but both places will have a large number of boats...

After the lunch break look for this Hboat, I'll be snapping pictures of the boats!!!
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Poker Run-hpim0572.jpg  
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Let's make it one or the other

I think it is going to be hard getting around the pump station back by the falls. I was showing only 15 feet when I went there in May.
What is everyones thoughts?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered

Location: Home of WILD TURKEY 101 & State Dock Lake Cumberland

The WP recommended 76 falls for the "party spot", and you are correct and the party at the falls will be pulled out to the "no wake bouys"... I will be in Harmon for the first half of the run, but after lunch will have the Hboat around cemetary island for the run to Grider Hill...

Last edited by Boat Racer; 08-22-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman1
I think it is going to be hard getting around the pump station back by the falls. I was showing only 15 feet when I went there in May.
What is everyones thoughts?

You are correct. You might be able to see the falls with binoculars, or walk up to it. But no water there to get a boat in. They have made the cove leading to the falls a no wake zone but it is narrow and no one has been going there this yr.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

I just want to check out the hotties!and listen to the power! oh did i mention the hotties! still looking for the kitty too!

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.