Notices

Miami Boat show 2008

Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It will be my first boat show in Miami, I am meeting my parents in Naples at thier condo and should make it on Sat.

I know this might sound stupid but is thier any chance of getting out on a boat durning the show?

thanks

Mark
Old 12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll love the boat show...went to our first one going on 2 years this upcoming February. Luckily we scored a ride on a Black Thunder, but at the time our friends that we went with were seriously considering buying one. We drove over to Key Biscayne to get the ride. $30 there.....$30 back.

Hearing that it's tough to find a place near the convention center right now. We have friends that reserve well in advance every year and they were pushed way down the strip from where they usually stay.

Good luck. You'll love the show. We thought we'd stay for a few hours....got there when it opened...they were kicking us out at closing time.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I'm planning on going again. I haven't made final plans due to a friends work schedule. I may be going solo. My plan is to stay Wed. - Sun.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

Ill be there as always but I stay in lauderdale I can't stand crowds at night after the show.just remember nothing is going to be inexpensive to stay its also school vacation.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just booked!
It'll be our first time to Miami. Flying in on the Thurs. the 14th, and heading home on Sun. the 18th.
Wife found a flight/car/room package for reasonable about 4 miles from the convention center. Don't plan on spending much time at the hotel.
So what's the story on the parties or get togethers??
Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Were going as well from Thursday to Sunday!! It a show you cant miss!!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered

We'll be there the 8th - 20th if not longer. I'll put my cell # up closer to the show dates. We're staying about three blocks from the Convention Center. Besides the OSO/FPC party there's usually a PRA party and some other stuff going on. You can't miss Mango's and we're going to see if the Mansion will be open. We usually eat out every night, so everyone get in touch.

Donnie
Old 01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also intertested in getting a short ride in a boat. I am new to the whole big boat scene and have not even seen my recently accuired 30' scarab in the water yet. It would be great to get a short ride in a fast boat. Myself along with a buddy of mine will be in town the 13th-16th. Anyone willing to give a fellow OSO member a ride to remember, I am willing to chip in some for gas!

Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

It appears that the Miami Boat show is NOT going to be what it use to be. The show is only a few weeks away and it seems like nobody is going or if they are...there isn't much chatter. Is OSO having a party this year? Maybe it's the $200+ a night lodging that south beach wants when it use to be $100-120. What's the deal. I'm ready to go but as of now i still have not be able to find a place to stay. What's the deal.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm wondering that myself? not much hype this year, I was really looking forward to the OSO party -

Quick Reply: Miami Boat show 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.