Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website >

Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Notices

Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
OK boyz - Just confirmed w/the spousal unit and crew.

We'll be coming in Saturday morning. Putting in up at the north end and cruising down. We plan to be at the showboat prior to 9am.

I just emailed my reggies to [email protected].

Looking forward to a great run.

C U SAT
Great to have you!
If you have any way of getting hold of Jeff with "Got Twins" maybe pass on the info to another Rochester boy.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys:

Here is our new show piece that you will all be able to see in person. Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone tomorrow.

Sutphen Performance Group

Ron Lombard
Morgan Haak
Attached Thumbnails Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website-21sspic1.jpg   Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website-21ssinteriorpic4.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM

That is SMOKIN' HOTTT! We can't wait to see and and hear what else you have up your sleeve.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Lemons Out of Lemonade

Well , it was a rough day for me during this run.

It started out with the launch not being long enough to launch my boat - I was in my boat while my navigator was backing us up into the water and we weren't floating by the time the trailer got to the end of the dock there, so he backed me up just a bit more - which was too much - trailer drove off the end of the launch - UGH!

We struggled for about 30 mins on our own to try and lift this trailer up so we could drive it out - even tried using my jack to jack it up.

Fortunately there were some very nice people including one guy in a Donzi that was also in the Poker Run, that jumped in the water with me and my crew to lift this trailer up while someone's wife drove my truck out. I don't remember their names, but a big THANK YOU goes to them. One of the nice thing about boaters, is their willingness to help (as, you never know when you'll need the help - pay it forward)

Also, it was very kind of Team ROPA to wait for us to finally make it to the showboat to actually start the drivers meeting - thanks guys!

Then, after we get all that behind us, and we get past the 10 min wait period for the fast group to start - we get under way and start pressing the sticks with Flash and the skater - it's just starting to get fun - we're running 101-105 having a ball. We see the first group in our sights and Flash and I take a West side wide berth....and boom I hear this loud vibration....we threw a blade on my port side 5 blade labbed 34 maximus - btw - I am done with these labbed 5 blade maximus - this is the second time I've thrown a blade while under way both times on these props. Not even getting air - just cruising under way. Don't think they can handle the torque.

We limp back put on the spare 4 blade 34's I have in my truck and try to catch the group - but by the time we catch the group y'all are eatling lunch - bummer.

On the way back we got to do a 5-10 mile sprint with flash and the skater as we approached the showbaot - running 107+mph. Which was fun...

When we pulled out it was tough...my crew were rookies and struggled a bit with the lines, etc...we looked like it was our first time boating My stern drifted off the dock, and towards shore, I was afraid to put it in gear because it was too shallow and I didn't want to ding another prop - a guy from shore jumped in and kept me off the rocks - whoever you are THANK YOU!!! Another tremendous helper.

We had a brutal time getting the boat back on the trailer since we couldn't get it deep enough without going off the edge.

We finally got it back on the trailer and started back to the showboat when I noticed the port side trailer wheel was smoking - a piece of the fender was still bent into the tire. We stopped, and worked on it for about 15 mins and finally got it off off the tire so we could drive it home.

Thought it best to put my butt to bed and end this day and look forward to a better one. Hopefully you all had a great time at the party in the evening.

Even though this was a really tough day - the thing that stands out in my mind is how nice and helpful so many people were while we were having our troubles. I look forward to repaying the favor.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you all out under "better" circumstances.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Some tough luck there. Glad to hear it all worked out!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Once again the Seneca Lake Battleship was a success. We were able to
raise over $1000.00 for our primary charity Mercy Flight. Thank you to
all participants to make this a safe and enjoyable run. As we told you
all at the run, we are always looking for some feedback and ideas for
what we can do better, different, same, etc. in the future. Also, if you
are not receiving e-mails with club updates and information, let us know
so we can add you to our e-mail list. Hope to see you all again next
year!!!

ROPA Staff
www.rochesteroffshore.com
Old 07-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default glad to help

we had just pulled my boat out when i saw adrenaline junkie trying to bring thier boat out. I knew it wouldn't be long before the boogyman (wind) would get'em. soon his stern was heading for the rocks. jumped in to keep'em off. glad to help.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by smokinbob
we had just pulled my boat out when i saw adrenaline junkie trying to bring thier boat out. I knew it wouldn't be long before the boogyman (wind) would get'em. soon his stern was heading for the rocks. jumped in to keep'em off. glad to help.
Smokin' bob - you' da man!

Thank you so much for you help.

If I see you at another of these runs, I'm buying your drinks for the night.

Thanks again - it was really a shock when I saw you running down the hill and into the water....but man did I appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 PM

We hung around on Sunday with the Sutphen performance group and got a ride on there new boat. What a rush. For the size and motor the boat was a rocket. The acceleration was enough to put you back in the seat and the top end was a lot more that thought it would be.

To SUTHPEN Performance thanks for the adrenaline rush

Hope to see you next year in another rocket ship
Old 07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Well , it was a rough day for me during this run.

It started out with the launch not being long enough to launch my boat - I was in my boat while my navigator was backing us up into the water and we weren't floating by the time the trailer got to the end of the dock there, so he backed me up just a bit more - which was too much - trailer drove off the end of the launch - UGH!

We struggled for about 30 mins on our own to try and lift this trailer up so we could drive it out - even tried using my jack to jack it up...
Hopefully, there is not a next time, but if there is:

Get the boat off the trailer.
Then tie a line to the back of the trailer, and run it up to the bow eye on the boat.

Put the boat in reverse, at the same time someone is trying to ease the trailer out in 4-Low on the truck. This ought to lift the trailer up high enough to get the tires on the ramp.

I have not done it personally, but I have seen it work.

Quick Reply: Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.