Notices

Harborfest this weekend in Norfolk

Old 06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
http://www.oceanmarinellc.com/marina/index.html
Still had a few slips left for Saturday night, as of yesterday.
Leavn Sat. AM from mouth of the Chickahominy around 930, if anyone wants to join.
If you see a 28 Sonic, you can follow him to our group Sat. I know he's not splashing until Sat am and probably from the same RT 5 bridge ramp (maybe with a couple other boats???)
Old 06-05-2008, 12:09 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I've got a slip right there at the Hampton Piers so I can just walk over and enjoy the Block Party - Maybe I'll stop in at Bluewater on the way in and introduce myself.....

Hey Hollowpoint - I saw your engine woes - any word yet on what it is?
I'm told a friend of a friend that has a Black Thunder and will be mooring there too Friday. (I don't know the guy)
Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, already touched base with Barry and we are meeting there.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered

Everybody have a Great, SAFE, Fun Filled weekend and we will see you at Harveys next weekend.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seaford, it's looks like a burned exhaust valve. More checking going on this afternoon.....
Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM

SO exactly where is everyone rafting up?? I am not familiar witht the area, I will be coming from VA Beach. Is it a cove right before waterside or actually back in that area?? Is it right there by the hospital??

Thanks

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 06-06-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's on the "Western Branch" of the Elizabeth river just before the Waterside area. To your right at the shipping terminal with the big cranes marks the channel for the Western Branch. You will see the RT-164 bridge. Go under it. You will then see the RT-17 bridge. Go under it too. The raft will be forming to the left hand side with the Park/ramp in sight. Mind the channel markers.

Go to our webswite weekend page http://hrpa.homestead.com/Weekend01.html and at the bottom click on the destination locator page which will take you to google earth. It defaults to the tiki-bar I think. On the left side is a menu of all the typical locations in Hampton Roads. Scroll to the bootm and you will see Portsmouth Park. Click on it. From there you can zoom in or out to get a lay of the land. Bring a bimini or anchorshade because it's gonna be smokin' hot...See ya there.:ernaehrun004:

Afterwards some will mosey around the corner to the Harborfest anchorage area adjacent to Tidewater Yacht and Hospital point where all the other sail and cruiser boats are. Some stay for the night's fireworks activity at 9:30am go home, or stay period. Others with slips at the mairna, and others simply go home before dark.

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-06-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool feature Rick! You should let all our members in on that little jewel.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Thanks,

Keep an eye out for me Iwill be in a Blue,green,yellow 2008 BAJA, 29' We will be heading out around 12-1pm. We will not be staying for the fireworks want to get back before dark.

Thanks

WILL
Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry we missed you Will. Had a blast for the short time we were rafted up! Had to get home to let the dog out. Just too freakin hot to bring her with us. Thank goodness for the anchor shade. Would have been brutal without it.

The Richmond crew were there in full force. Had quite the raft up going on behind us. I can only imagine the fun they had later one...

Quick Reply: Harborfest this weekend in Norfolk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.