Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron >

AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron

Notices

AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron

Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron

wheeeeew are you ready ???????????

That is the question!!

After a great and fun 'Heat of Summer' Poker Run in Sarasota, followed by a weekend of fantastic racing festivities, I'm sure you are in need of a good rest.

Well don't wait too long...because as the summer continues to heat up, so is the annual Long Labor Day Poker Run! Again, Ron Long...the Event Director, Stu Jones, and myself have teamed up to put together a triple play, or hat-trick, of spectacular surprises and promotions for this event. Rest assured that this poker run will pack a serious gathering of boats from all sizes and ranges of speed. Taking an estimated head count, we are just over 40 boats on our preliminary list. Once again for this event, we will reward those that register AND pay early! The same goes for the sponsorships. We will be able to promote more of the sponsorships when we are able to promote them early in the event promotion stages.

Call for the 3 documents with ALL the info on this run! It is never too early to plan for this run, and actually, it is recommended that you start planning now, to ensure a snag-free weekend of fun with all these boaters! Think you can't afford it? Think again! Start stashing away those extra dollars into a savings jar, and have your crew do the same. Before you know it, the event is paid for, and your crew can pitch in for gas too! Hey, whatever it takes...don't miss this event! See below for the registration info, and start planning TODAY! We are super fired-up about this event, and we are thrilled at all the goodies we are going to bring to this event! Believe me...it just keeps getting better!

1.) 2008 Poker Run Highlights - This document will outline the structure of the event, and give a general layout of our course and start locations. it also includes a general itinerary of the whole weekend, with the hotel, docking, and trailering info.
2.) 2008 Registration form - please print this document, then fill in all the info the best you can. If you are unsure about your crew, and whether you want extras, just register your boat now to secure your space, and your crew can pay at the event. You can also sign up for extra photos and purchase additional items at the Friday night registration.
3.) 2008 Poker Run Sponsorships - We now have 4 levels of sponsorships for you. We are all eager to make sure your business gets the exposure you desire, by selecting the level that suits you the best! We will also make sure that all sponsorships will receive an invoice for your tax purposes. Please be assured that we will do more than enough to get your sponsorship requirements fulfilled! Thank You in advance!
Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or submissions you have.

Also, your direct contact for this event is Ron Long at 727-204-7030 and at [email protected] Let's give Ron Long a big hand for this run...See you soon!

Hold the handrail FIRMLY!!!

Michael Erturk
[email protected]

Offshore Power Boat Association
President - 2008
WWW.OPBAFL.COM
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

last month.............
Attached Thumbnails AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron-poker-021.jpg   AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron-poker-024.jpg  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

I have seen the pics and videos and it does look like a blast. Question I have is when you say "all sizes and ranges of speed" what exactly does that mean? It seems all pics and videos, understandably so, only have the bigger, faster boats. I hope to attend this one but, will I be out of my league with a 26' Scarab Sport that runs under 50mph? I'm not affraid of the run because I have gone a lot further, alone, on smaller boats. I kow the coast in this area very well. I just don't want to be the guy lagging behind.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

You won't be.

There are some cruisers, I didn't get their picture for whatever reason, they didn't come in the inlet where I was ancored. We cruise around 37-50.

Last edited by kitten; 07-31-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

That's cool, I am going to try to make this one. Does the OPBA have regular meetings in planning these events at all?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Cool vid.........Years past.

OPBA Long Labor Day Weekend Poker Run with FL Powerboat Club

(2006) OPBA Long Labor Day Weekend Poker Run with Stu Jones of the Florida Powerboat Club. Great footage...
are you ready for the next one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwv-...&feature=email
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

.......28 days!

OPBA Long Labor Day Weekend Poker Run with FL Powerboat Club

2006 OPBA Long Labor Day Weekend Poker Run with Stu Jones of the Florida Powerboat Club. Great footage.....are you ready!?

Michael Erturk
[email protected]

Offshore Power Boat Association
President - 2008
WWW.OPBAFL.COM
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Please contact the Sarasota Hyatt today at 941.953.1234 for your room reservations. Please reference: OPBA – Offshore Powerboat Association for group rate and please tell your crew members too!

Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or submissions you have.

Also, your direct contact for this event is Ron Long at 727-204-7030 and at [email protected] Let's give Ron Long a big hand for this run...See you soon!

Ron Long
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

I would live to help out with the TROPHIE & AWARDS. I will deliver them, since I will be there anyway
Old 08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Call Mike E or Ron L !

Quick Reply: AUG 30- SEPT 1 Sarasota, FL OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run presented by Stu J-Mike-Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.