1000 Islands Poker Run / Kilo Run >

1000 Islands Poker Run / Kilo Run

Notices

1000 Islands Poker Run / Kilo Run

Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gbeach
Does anyone know what time the boat head back from Prescott, and do they all run together or it is on your own???
Ya sorry my route info is a bit off I guess...my apologizes...That is a busy area under the bridge now for running open so that makes sense to cap speed. Where is a good spot to watch WOT? I'll either go there or I'll be right under the bridge...WAVE AT THE BAJA!

Beach, My cottage is in Rockport and I believe they come back around 3pm but not totally sure..you best bet would be to be there for 1pm and just float around / swim!

BTW...a bunch of us non-runners are going to go over to lake of the isle after they come back....if anyone is interested, look for the floatila in the bay.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by x7734x
Where is the best place to watch from land? I'm heading up from Las Vegas (no boat) to meet the wife in Toronto and then we are heading up to Kingston? What day would be better? Is the Kilo run in an area that you can see from a spectating area? Sorry for all the questions.
Since my wife and I will be boatless as ours is here in Vegas, can anyone help with a good place to watch from shore? Is there a list of boats doing the kilo run?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by x7734x
Since my wife and I will be boatless as ours is here in Vegas, can anyone help with a good place to watch from shore? Is there a list of boats doing the kilo run?
The best place from shore to watch the kilo run would be in a boat on the water! If I was taking the Baja up you could come with us but Were not gonna make the trip this time..but I'm sure someone would have extra room on their non-running boat...You won't see to much from land b/c it will be packed!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Team Tsunami is in if all goes to plan in the next week!! Will be there Thursday!! Are you sure they are doing a Kilo or hit the mark this year?? Did think they were.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cauzmik
The best place from shore to watch the kilo run would be in a boat on the water! If I was taking the Baja up you could come with us but Were not gonna make the trip this time..but I'm sure someone would have extra room on their non-running boat...You won't see to much from land b/c it will be packed!

That would be ideal I would totally pitch in for gas, and buy food and drinks for all on board if there were a couple spots on a boat open.

If anyone has a couple spots let me know and we can figure out the logistics.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cauzmik
Ya sorry my route info is a bit off I guess...my apologizes...That is a busy area under the bridge now for running open so that makes sense to cap speed. Where is a good spot to watch WOT? I'll either go there or I'll be right under the bridge...WAVE AT THE BAJA!

Beach, My cottage is in Rockport and I believe they come back around 3pm but not totally sure..you best bet would be to be there for 1pm and just float around / swim!

BTW...a bunch of us non-runners are going to go over to lake of the isle after they come back....if anyone is interested, look for the floatila in the bay.
The best place to catch everybody moving quickly is either just before the end of the 40 acres, maybe 3/4's of the way down from Kingston, or just before Crossover Island, right around Singer Castle.
If I was going to do it from land, I would watch the start from the breakwall in Kingston, then drive down to Brockville to see all the boats at the lunch stop, catch the 2 full class starts, then wait for the boats to come back from Prescott.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Excellent Chuck.
1. Can we leave our truck and trailers there?
2. What time are you planning on being at this launch on Friday?
3. Did you make special arrangements at confederation basin for dockage, or did you just get it via registering for the run?
1: Truck and trailer is fine at the launch

2: I would guess around 3p.m.

3: Your poker run entry will reserve you a dock

Any questions just give me a call. Can you make Oneida this weekend?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck

I leave my truck and trailer there every year. Small fee.

I hope to be at Keewaydin around 11ish. If you are going to be there around that time you can head over with us.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chuck

Unfortunately, no spare tire yet - still enroute - means no Oneida....good luck...wish I was going.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

anyone have a list of the runners? Do they release the runners?

Quick Reply: 1000 Islands Poker Run / Kilo Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.