Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   hampton regatta (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/192516-hampton-regatta.html)

bcfountain 08-03-2008 07:30 PM

hampton regatta

does anybody know anything about the regatta on mill creek,hampton,va.aug9-10?can you view it from the water in your boat?i was thinking about going down by water saterday and staying at tidewater marina.never been to a hydro race.any input would be great.thanks.

seafordguy 08-04-2008 07:16 AM

I went one year about 10 years ago. We went by car though and held up on what I believe is called the Mercury Blvd Bridge - it poured rain the ENTIRE time. A fair amount of Vendors/tents/etc.... were set up. I would think the cool thing to do would be to stay at Either Blue Water Yacht or the Hampton Piers and then duck right out of the canal under the bridge tunnel and toss the anchor. YOu would be less than a half mile from the action. Should be relatively calm because you would be blocked by Ft. Monroe - Then - Saturday night there is a block party right in downtown hampton on a cobblestone street with beer trucks and several bars - normally is pretty cool with a decent band or two, and one block over from the Hampton Piers.

Blue Water Yacht has nicer bathing facilities but Hampton Piers is easily walking distance of several bars and is connected with the Hotel that is right there. Blue Water does have a Surf Rider resaraunt on premises - but if you are looking for late night partying I don't think you will find it there.

Shoot me a PM if you aren't familiar with the area and some of what I just said lost you.

ERIC

HighPriority 08-05-2008 07:18 PM

I thank the Hampton run is Aug. 16th. I sure hope because we are planning to run in it on the 16th.

formula 382 sr-1 08-05-2008 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by HighPriority (Post 2645681)
I thank the Hampton run is Aug. 16th. I sure hope because we are planning to run in it on the 16th.

You are right Warren this is another run / race hydro boats. You are looking for the HRPA Rendezvous on the 15th and 16th.

Joby :drink:

HighPriority 08-06-2008 05:39 AM

Hey Joby, You guys at the beach just have to much fun:drink:

Sorry I missed your call the last time you were at the lake, we were trying to glue the boat back togeather after the Ocean City race.

Do you know if some more info will be comming out soon on the HRPA run?

seafordguy 08-06-2008 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1 (Post 2645717)
You are right Warren this is another run / race hydro boats. You are looking for the HRPA Rendezvous on the 15th and 16th.

Joby :drink:

Yeah - my fault HighPriority - two different things, sorry for the confusion. I am also doing the Rendezvous - see you there.

formula 382 sr-1 08-06-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by HighPriority (Post 2646005)
Hey Joby, You guys at the beach just have to much fun:drink:

Sorry I missed your call the last time you were at the lake, we were trying to glue the boat back togeather after the Ocean City race.

Do you know if some more info will be comming out soon on the HRPA run?

Yes there will be an email out soon. :ernaehrung004:

HighPriority 08-06-2008 01:55 PM

Thanks guys. look forward to seeing eneryone, and having a fun day on the water.