Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA >

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Old 08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone needs a place to store there boat after or before the Poker Run, we have plenty of room over at our shop McEachern Racing in Concord. You can also have your boat serviced and detailed. It currently looks like Skater Nation over here., You can call Steve at 704-905 0662.
Brian, we will see you this weekend!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BatGirl
If anyone needs a place to store there boat after or before the Poker Run, we have plenty of room over at our shop McEachern Racing in Concord. You can also have your boat serviced and detailed. It currently looks like Skater Nation over here., You can call Steve at 704-905 0662.
Brian, we will see you this weekend!
Please send pictures of yourself waxing the boat!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Plumbers Crack,

What did you think of LKN? Did you do a mock run w/ your boat while you were here?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
Please send pictures of yourself waxing the boat!

Ummm, Thats going to cost extra!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking through your info I did not see a route of the poker run course. Has that been laid out yet? If so could you please post the route so the locals know.

Thanks

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Route has been laid out I am pretty sure. David it is something similar to what you did in your Poker Run a few weeks ago. Its not like there are a bunch of places to go.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I commend PRA on adding an exciting twist to their LKN Poker Run package & that being the Petty Driving School but man $2200 is a boat load of $$$!

An 11:00am start is almost suicide w/ the number of jetski's & rafters in tow we see on a weekly basis.

Just one man's $.02
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I commend PRA on adding an exciting twist to their LKN Poker Run package & that being the Petty Driving School but man $2200 is a boat load of $$$!

An 11:00am start is almost suicide w/ the number of jetski's & rafters in tow we see on a weekly basis.

Just one man's $.02
$2200 may seem a lot but 37 entries so far don't think it is! (Also for locals who don't want the Hotel Room included - They get a reduction of $300)

Boat entry for 2 people includes - Parties, meals, special Platinum Poker Run shirts, and the big one for a lot of you FREE DRINKS Saturday night. (Apart from putting gas in your own boat you can leave your wallet at home.) Also included is a video of the event. Sundays Richard Petty Driving Experience is also included.

With regards to the Poker Run itself - all safety precautions have been put into place and the fleet will be split into 2 groups so there will not be 40+ boats all in the same place at the same time.

Just another man's $.02
Old 08-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Can't wait to see you guys rip around the lake. Looking forward to some sweet hardware!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not spent any less on any major event I have gone to over the years and traveled at least one day there and one day back. I can only hope that we have the boat ready in time to secure a spot in the event. Not having to travel is worth it to me and I hope it becomes an annual event.

Just one man's $.02
After Labor Day the traffic seems to really drop off. I have always said the est boat on Norman is before Memorial day and after Laor Day. What time of day did the CBPA run the boats in the middle of summer?

You have to be alert, smart and use good judgement any time on the water and I feel that this time of the year will be much better for reduced traffic. PRA set the standards for safety long before the Smoke on the Water accident.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.