Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA >

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bobby read the last line I wrote . Be safe and have a good run. Didn't say anything about not running.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Who deals with the "fall out" after the run that you participate in Jim? You were allowed to do yours now let us do ours.
I'm not sure we are comparing apples to apples here gentlemen.

Consider the avg length of boat, H.P. & speed capabilityof the boats that participated in the CPBA Run & the that of the boats PRA supposedly is attracting.

Keep in mind CPBA used pace boats & PRA plans to use SeaTow to create a clear path before all the 100+ mph PRA poker runners arrive. Not sure how effective this will be since Sea Tow would have to be so far ahead of the Poker Runners as to not get passed that whatever path they cleared would more then likely become congested again once they moved on.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 AM
Registered

I dont know where that info comes from. There own information says that there is going to be Pace Boats. If you dont want to participate then dont.

All safety measure have been taken.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Who said anything about participating or not? I'm simply sharing my personal thoughts & questions about the run on this PUBLIC forum like you or anyone else does. I didn't say anything negative just pointing out that I wasn't sure you were comparing apples to apples. I'm a details guy who prefers to work w/ facts not fiction.

From now on I'll PM you first & you can tell me if my questions or comments are appropriate. People are entitled to their opinions, we can agree to disagree its really that simple. I don't like you any more or less when we do or don't. It's just life!

Actually I got that info from a gentleman who approached me while I was loading my boat at the ramp last week. He introduced himself, asked me if i would be participating, encouraged me too then explained the very things I posted when I posed the questions to him. He stated he & his company were a PRA LKN Poker Run sponsor.

What I find unusual is that the LKN run & date is listed on PRA's site yet the link for registering & accessing more info isn't enabled like they do for their other runs. http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/calendar.html
I realize its posted in post #1 of this thread but you would think it would be on their main site. I know I would have a lot less questions about the run if PRA posted what the run costs if you don't need a hotel or prefer not to do the school, the course, pace boats or speed limits, boat classes, rain out info etc, etc like many of the other runs I've participated in do.

Many people have made mention to me that they have no clue what happens if either or both the Poker Run & Driving School get rained out. Maybe they are offering a voucher to be used at another time of ones preference, I don't know.

While you may think I'm bashing the run others appreciate my inquiries b/c everyone benefits from the info. Ask David Ledford of the CPBA, I didn't participate in his run nor am I even a member but he didn't hesitate to call me & ask me to look over the details for his run prior to posting it. I've made a 15 yr career of managing details, it's what I do.

Last edited by NASCAT; 08-27-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Not quite sure where you got the above link - that was disconnected some time ago.
Th einformation is available directly from our home page. Just click on the poster (Left side of page) for all LKN details. Or you can go to: http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/home...mannascar.html

For locals who do not need a hotel there is a $300 reduction. (Stated earlier in this thread)
For people who do not want Richard Petty Driving Experience, there is also a reduction. Please call our hot-line because we do have a list of extra people who do want to take the RPDE.

THIS EVENT IS ALMOST FULL - If you are wanting to come, SEND YOUR ENTRY IN FAST. (You will find it on the website!!!!!!!)
Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered

"PRA plans to use SeaTow to create a clear path before all the 100+ mph PRA poker runners arrive."

My question is - Where did that absurd idea come from?

Sea Tow's only involvement in the LKN Poker Run is to be on hand in case of breakdown.
Pace boats will be used on all sections of the route.

Perhaps if anyone else has comments or questions that they need CORRECT answers to, they should call our Hot-Line. 1-800-354-9145 Ext 252 (That's why we have the toll free line)

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I'm not sure we are comparing apples to apples here gentlemen.

Consider the avg length of boat, H.P. & speed capabilityof the boats that participated in the CPBA Run & the that of the boats PRA supposedly is attracting.

Keep in mind CPBA used pace boats & PRA plans to use SeaTow to create a clear path before all the 100+ mph PRA poker runners arrive. Not sure how effective this will be since Sea Tow would have to be so far ahead of the Poker Runners as to not get passed that whatever path they cleared would more then likely become congested again once they moved on.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Ok. But this time try not to drive off with the shop when you leave. Disconnect the hose son!!!
O chit ya caught me takin off, I thought it was one of them hillbilly quick disconect thingy's back dare
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Hell naw. When you coming back to town. Need to roll in on a Friday so we can line up some strange for Saturday.

BTW - White Trash Bash this weekend.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

BTW - White Trash Bash this weekend.
Going to be a good time!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The lake is up 2' since Monday thanks to Faye. it's looking good out there.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.