Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Western New York Fun Run 2009 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/196069-western-new-york-fun-run-2009-a.html)

pokerrunner42 09-25-2008 09:22 AM

Western New York Fun Run 2009

Next years run will be Saturday, June 13, 2009. This year there will be at least 50 boats, and the fees will remain the same, with one exception, a late fee for registratins recieved after June first. There will also be a big screen tv raffle and silent auction to benefit the S.A.F.E. Home Foundation's "Children's Fire and Burn Fund", a local charity. Sponsors are already lining up for a great run.
See you then!

pokerrunner42 10-01-2008 08:38 AM

2008 Fun Run

The article and photos of this years run will be in the next issue of Poker Runs America! The proof looks great!

ScamBuster 11-06-2008 09:18 AM

Congratulations on past run successes. S.A.F.E sounds like a great cheritable cause. The question is how much will they benefit? Everyone may be wondering why Hospice is no longer the benefitiary...According to the events director and president of Hospice, they Knew nothing of this run or any donations in past years. After their further investigation it was revealed that in fact this run did produce a donation in the amount of $400 and last year was supposed to be less. Hospice ordered a Cease and Desist to the run as they were not involved in the process and felt cheated and used.
I simply did some research after noticing some OSO members believed there was an issue that should be exposed. I am a PI by trade and avid boater. It is a shame that promoters take advantage of people just trying to enjoy a nice day.

pokerrunner42 11-07-2008 09:31 AM

All monies will go directly to S.A.F.E. We will never get a dime. They will then tell us how much was made from the raffles and auction at the end of the event. Our expense and cost will be separate this year. Again, the foundation will do the books! Much easier that way and accurate for all.
So let's all have a great and safe run!

29KILROY 11-08-2008 07:54 AM

WOW! Thanks ScamBuster. Well I guess some people asked a legit question last year and got all kinds of Sh$% for asking it, me included. At the end of the day the question never did get answered in last year's post and we know why now.....

This was stated though!

pokerrunner42
Registered

Any pay out will be based on the number of entries less expences for the banquet, shirts, awards, insurance etc. It usually costs about 7k to put the event on. Do the math. And there is the charity also.

pokerrunner42 11-08-2008 09:36 AM

Unfortuately last year was down on sponsors and money was short. After all was paid out the balance was in the -'s. I had to take cash out of my own pocket! So let's end this crap! If there is a run next year will depend on sponsors. With the gas prices and ecconomy I will no longer be able take money out of pocket. End of conversation. (You don't know the math!)

29KILROY 11-08-2008 09:42 AM

Oh it is done....

pokerrunner42 11-10-2008 08:45 AM

Hope not!

29KILROY 11-19-2008 01:51 PM

I can't help it.....Oh "Cash" but you did get a receipt for Tax purposes right?!?!

fastscarab22 11-19-2008 02:00 PM

Nice, I Wish I Thought Of It