Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
any runs this summer in or near mass??? >

any runs this summer in or near mass???

Notices

any runs this summer in or near mass???

Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question any runs this summer in or near mass???

just wondering whats around here. the one out of beverly is way to long for me. the streach's to run are to much for me, i dont think i will make it fuel wise hammering down, and i cant hammer down if the water isnt great. so no way would i pay the big coin to run with them to the halfway point of the first stop, just to get the rush of the other go fast guys blowing buy me.
but id like to do some runs for some smaller boats, short distance etc etc
thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by noyzee
just wondering whats around here. the one out of beverly is way to long for me. the streach's to run are to much for me, i dont think i will make it fuel wise hammering down, and i cant hammer down if the water isnt great. so no way would i pay the big coin to run with them to the halfway point of the first stop, just to get the rush of the other go fast guys blowing buy me.
but id like to do some runs for some smaller boats, short distance etc etc
thanks
You might want to consider the Sacandaga run - it's about 2.5 hours west of Boston (just north of Albany). Good group - boats of all shapes and sizes, very scenic route.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered

We usually do this one in july sebagolakepokerparty.com. And lake winni has a couple every year also. What kind of boat do you run ?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

looks like the winni run might not be much fun as the speed limit is in effect now. i wont bring my boat back there again.

i run a 26 checkmate ZT, nothing crazy, but it gets me around

Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Nice rig.. I heard the speed limit won't matter during a run were a permit was pulled. We'll see though. As far as never going back Winni. thats what the people that voted for it want. to rid the lake of all " Go Fast boats" As I see it there's a speed limit on the Highway to.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMAX
Nice rig.. I heard the speed limit won't matter during a run were a permit was pulled. We'll see though. As far as never going back Winni. thats what the people that voted for it want. to rid the lake of all " Go Fast boats" As I see it there's a speed limit on the Highway to.
yea, i never liked winni, its great to have fresh warm water, but the laws, limmits, and 10,000 fish cops up there and 50,000 boats with 1/2 of them clueless on how to operate them etc etc etc drives me nuts.
i get pulled over just about every time im up there. i look very young, i get carded to buy Butts and im almost 30, but i look 18 at best.
this said, you throw me behind the wheel and throw a couple people drinking, and i get nabbed all the time. then when i show them my drives lic, my carry permits in mass, NH and Maine, my NH safty lic, my coastguard cirt, 6 pack lic etc etc etc they kind of step back and say. hhhmmmmmmm

on the ocean, i have been stopped one time asked if i had anything illeagal on board, any knifes guns drugs etc.
now i told them, nothing illeagal, however i do have a hand gun, however im licesnsend to carry, and i have them trigger locked etc. they asked for my permit, i showed them, they asked why i had the gun and what it was. i told them, i always have it esp when im sleeping out and beached in an area someone can just jump on board. ok, he was fine with it. asked to see the gun as it was something he has never seen and he hated to carry his full size when off duty. i then shot the crap with him about guns and speed boats for 1/2 hour over a beer. lol
cant beat the ocean
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

As Adrenaline stated, we will be having a Poker run on Sacandaga the weekend of June 27th. Details will follow, but it is a great lake for running and a lot of fun.

Chris Czub