Notices

Royal Purple Poker Run 06/20/09

Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
We'll be at sun buns late afternoon.

40 foot motion. Come say hi.
Tom and Kurt, ya'll have fun, be safe, and take pictures. I want to hear stories about Howard laying the smack down on some of the big name cats.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What boat you got...and don't tell me a go devil!!!!
I have a black and white apache scout w/ a Merc 300X, The go-devil only comes out during hunting season. It would be quite hard to park the devil w/ no reverse and all of the boats around. The devil is used to run into and over things!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered

Top Cat pulled up to T Rivers right after we tied up. Very impressive boat.

I was expecting to have a couple of bowls of jambalaya, but there was nothing to eat at T Rivers. They said that the cookoff was the weekend before for the fireman's run.

We hit all of the stops, Sun buns on the way back, played our hand, and back to the prop stop, that was where the party was.

My boat ran great, no probs, got to meet some new people, and put faces with names.

Wes
Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

I have to find a camp/home either on the Diversion Canal, or Tickfaw with two 40' slips that I can hang my boat on.

I love to run that area, but from my home, it is a 2 1/2 hour tow each way. We left at 6 am, and got home at 11 pm.

If anyone knows of a good spot, let me know. If the slips are not there, I can build them myself. I have all of the heavy equipment needed.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wes, there are always places for sale on Diversion. Check fsbobr.com, there are a couple listed on there. Look under area 8 and 9 I think.

Saw you over by prop stop a couple of weekends ago. Tried to get your attention but you were headed the opposite way.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 PM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mackattack
I have to find a camp/home either on the Diversion Canal, or Tickfaw with two 40' slips that I can hang my boat on.

I love to run that area, but from my home, it is a 2 1/2 hour tow each way. We left at 6 am, and got home at 11 pm.

If anyone knows of a good spot, let me know. If the slips are not there, I can build them myself. I have all of the heavy equipment needed.
Yes you do need a house on the diversion with 2 40ft slips so mine can hang next tp yours !!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Was that a great GAME or WHAT!!!!! Oh yeah, this is about the poker run.

Probably the best weekend I've had over in ya'lls territory, and I've been going for about five years now. Great run, great stops-relaxin at the Tchefuncte river beach was nice on the way back, great parties...Tin Lizzie's, even Friend's restaurant was pretty darn good, but it's hard to beat the Prop Stop's contest, erh, ugh, I mean party.....you can use your imagination, but I got the pictures!!! Later, some of us have to work for a living.

Last edited by Cap'm Kurt; 06-22-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Mac,

Where you from. Were in Lake Charles so I know what you mean about the pull, it's kinda long to be goin all the time, even though we'd like to. We go several times every summer. It's about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Got stuck in traffic jam on I-10 on the way back for an hour, not too bad.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Registered

I'm from Eunice.

I am doing a job for the City of Lake Charles along McNeese Street fron Hwy 14 west to SouthPark. You may have noticed my mess there for the past year.

I ran my boat in the Lake back in May, launched under 210.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Me and Angelle had the best time we've ever had over in Baton Rouge. Friday we pulled up and ate at the Fuel Dock on lake Maurepas next to Boudreaux’s 50 ft "Airborne" boat(the 24 Nauti Girl looked great next to the Airborne I'll tell ya..haha). Ran into a friend who had some people cancel out and offered us to ride in his 38 Donzi for the Royal Purple Poker Run on Saturday. It was one heck of a good time. tremendous amount of fine boats, great weather, good parties at the stops, especially Friends Restaurant(Lake Ponchartrain) bikini contest and the Prop Stops(Tickfaw River) wet tshirt contest(that became “no shirt” contest), great seafood, fantastic scenery--samples attached. If anyone wants more pictures I've got a lot of em. Let me know.(some I couldn't include). Don’t want to rub it in though, haha. I've never attached pics before so we'll see if this works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.