Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Who's in 4 the 2nd Annual "Puttin' on a Wish" 2009 Lake Norman Weekend Extravaganza? >

Who's in 4 the 2nd Annual "Puttin' on a Wish" 2009 Lake Norman Weekend Extravaganza?

Notices

Who's in 4 the 2nd Annual "Puttin' on a Wish" 2009 Lake Norman Weekend Extravaganza?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's in 4 the 2nd Annual "Puttin' on a Wish" 2009 Lake Norman Weekend Extravaganza?

"JULY 30th - AUGUST 1st!!

http://www.platinumpowerboatclub.com/

LIMITED TO 25 Boats..... so register NOW at http://www.platinumpowerboatclub.com/Registration.html

When you register.....you not only show your support, but become an ACTIVE participant in getting wishes granted for these terminally ill children!! Over $13,000 was raised at last year's event alone!!

What are YOU waiting for? These children don't have time to wait!! Let's get these wishes granted already before their time expires. Plus, be part of an ENTIRE 1st Class, ALL- INCLUSIVE 5 star weekend venue where YOU can make a difference!!

WHO'S IN?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

ANYONE???? Something else going on?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PicChic
ANYONE???? Something else going on?
I'm in!! Looking forward to it!!! A lot of other things going on! But we will make some time to make some make a wish kids happy!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM

Default skater meeting?

may be not, but it is looking like a cat get together, i'll be there, jim whiley is sign up, i think lose cannon is signed up. looks like a good group to play with dont you think? for those that dont know jim bought a 44 roadster from nortech.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat
may be not, but it is looking like a cat get together, i'll be there, jim whiley is sign up, i think lose cannon is signed up. looks like a good group to play with dont you think? for those that dont know jim bought a 44 roadster from nortech.
Most certainly is Kenny & definitely looking like a Cat convention so far. However, I "think" I know of a V-hull that's headed to LN end of July as well. Maybe with all the Cats present, a little side bet action needs to take place with all losers donating their share to the kids. You break .. you STILL contribute your share. NO excuses!! How about we start the bidding out at $200.00 a boat that wants in on the action? Unless of course, there is "another" $$ denomination that wants to be suggested???? ANY TAKERS?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wet_rat
You guys are determined to screw the regulars at LKN aren't you? As much controversy as this run caused amongest powerboaters last year and now you want to raise the stakes to contribute to the potential for consequences--unfu**ing believable act of selfishness
Wet_rat, I am sorry if you feel this way. NOT the intention I had in mind AT ALL. This was merely a "friendly" dig in attempt to raise more money for the children. Was NOT meaning it as a "GO FAST" race. This event is ALL about those kids & getting as many wishes granted as possible before their precious time expires. Plus, the Platinum Powerboat Club that is hosting this event, is ALL about safety & education in addition to the various charities they ALWAYS help support. They donate 100% of all proceeds to the selected charity.

I'm not quite clear on what you're referring to in particular regarding "last year's controversy", as I was not there personally, but can promise you NOBODY would ever be put in a situation for "potential consequences" of any sort at any event they are affiliated with. That is NOT the club's persona!! Not to mention, would totally contradict what the Platinum Powerboat Club stands for & tries to educate boaters & non-boaters on. SAFETY & the selected charities are 1st priority with this club.

If you're in the "local" area, I encourage you to come out that wknd & see for yourself just what I am talking about. I think you will find yourself quite impressed!! The president & founder of the club works VERY closely with the "local" water patrol committees of Lake Norman. Therefore, it is VERY clear on what the members of this elite powerboating club, can & can NOT do & the members are made to abide by ALL rules to the fullest extent. Plus, the board has 0 tolerance for anything other than complete & total safe, abide by ALL the rules boating. If anyone attending the club's events, blemishes their image in ANY way, there will be serious reprimands & consequences I can assure you. It will NOT go unnoticed or brushed aside regardless of WHO they are or think they are!!

Again, my apologies for anyone that has this theory on what THIS particular club stands for or my post. Again & let me make VERY CLEAR, "Go Fast race" was NOT to my intention to rally in ANY way. That was completely my fault as I sort of knew WHO I was reaching out to when I made the comment/thread post & did NOT mean it as I'm sure it came across. I could be wrong & mean no disrespect here, but personally feel that your theory is a little mixed up with some other clubs that offer the same type events. Let's just say because I am not going to name names here, there are various boating clubs or organizations that preach "safety" all the time, but until they truly "enforce" & "uphold" the consequences to ANY & ALL boaters NOT abiding by the rules that attend their events, regardless of WHO they are or how much money they have, then "potential consequences" are going to continue to happen. It IS very sad & ruins it for the ones that DO stand by & uphold safe boating. Every time I turn around it seems, there is someone giving the powerboaters that really DO care, a bad rap because they choose to be idiots out there & put innocent people in harms way. THAT we ARE in agreement on totally!! All I am saying & also making VERY clear is, Platinum Powerboat Club enforces & upholds to the fullest extent to EVERYONE!! There is NO question that you WILL be yanked from the entire event, if caught not following their rules!! NO EXCUSES!!

I hope this has cleared some "ill feelings" up regarding the Lake Norman event. I commend you on being true to your local community, fighting for what you believe in & what you DON'T want to see in Lake Norman!! TRUST ME, I KNOW where you are coming from & feel your emotion on the "safety" subject at hand. However, Platinum Powerboat Club will NOT be the ones to let you or your local community down!! I hope to see you there witnessing it for yourself.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wet_rat
Thanks for the explaination. I do hope to be there
NO problem!! Are you registered for the event or coming as a spectator?

Keep in mind, registration is limited to only 25 boats if you're considering registering for it. You can ck out all the event info at http://www.platinumpowerboatclub.com

Also, we are currently looking for boats that are willing to participate in giving the "Make A Wish" children & their families boat rides on that Fri July 31st. If you are interested or know of anyone in that local area that would be, then please let me know or PM me. We're also looking to add more items to include in the live auction. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know that as well. We would appreciate all the support we can get. Especially from the "Lake Norman" local community. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

How many boats are registered for the run?? I may think about coming down. Thanks, Jeff
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 AM
Registered

Default Puttin on the Wish II, Lake Norman 2009

Originally Posted by jwurl
How many boats are registered for the run?? I may think about coming down. Thanks, Jeff
Hi Jeff, We would love to have you here. Especially for Friday's charity rides. There is now 158 Make a Wish participants rsvp'd for rides. Call me on my cell. 239-470-6156 Joy Platinum Powerboat Club
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can hear them running around on the lake right now. Sounds like fun.
I'll be out to watch the fun run tomorrow. enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.