1000 Islands alive and well!

Notices

1000 Islands alive and well!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
We are over at Hutchinsons, right next door, will definetly need to get together for a cocktail and maybe do some running over the weekend.

This is the one of you, will put it on a disc for you, with some others from the run. Some came out fuzzy, F'n digital camera just dosen't know what you're looking at when you're shooting. Modern technology! Too smart for it's own good. But you came out pretty well.
Thank you,,,, Thats a killer shot.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by apautobilly
Thank you,,,, Thats a killer shot.

Like that did you? For some reason the camera seems to like Fountains .
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Default 1000 Islands Poker Run Pics

Pictures are now on-line - More to come.
www.pokerrunsamerica.com
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just a quick note to give big props to PRA for enduring the head winds and challenges with organizing this event.

It is truly a unique event. The course is so scenic and so complex, there is never a dull moment during this event.

The fans/crowds are so receptive. I have yet to see this rivaled elsewhere. From the big crowds lining Kingston Harbor at our start....to the hundreds if not thousands of spectator boats that line our coarse, cheering us on, to the celebrity like reception we receive at Brockville (people lining the shores of the harbour4-5 people deep...really cool.

Unfortunately, I got distracted on the way to Gananoque (the last stop), and ducked into the Lake of the Isles where it was absolute mayhem (300 boat flotilla fully lubricated from a full day of hydrating by the time we rolled in there.) Wife wasn't too amused when we rolled back into the Kingston docks 2 hours after all the other runners had tied up. Took some 'splaining. She was sweating me all night.

Unforutnately I missed the shootout. Spousal unit was anxious to get back to the rug rats....Hopefully that went great as well.

Every Poker Runner should experience this event at least once.

I will have to work on my French speaking prior to next year. There was a huge contingent of Quebecians - the day docks where I parked my boat spoke more French than English it seemed. They were extremely helpful and kind...but I felt bad because I couldn't communicate with them very well. Next year, I'll be sure to know more words than merci'

Thanks PRA - job well done!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Junkie!

Sorry I wasn't able to see your boat and introduce myself, I got to the docks around 7 and wasn't allowed on the docks, I was really, REALLY looking forward to seeing your boat! As well as "Chucks" Nor Tech, but I was just a little late (and NOT impressed!) Just doing there jobs I guess.

Sounds like you had a blast! great to hear! Speaking of Quebecers, I did see a gorgeous Nortech Cat from Quebec idle in to dock, looked brand new, even had that new "stealth" exhaust,

Michael