Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Hot Boat Hardy Party Mi. Cops!!!!!! >

Hot Boat Hardy Party Mi. Cops!!!!!!

Notices

Hot Boat Hardy Party Mi. Cops!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hot Boat Hardy Party Mi. Cops!!!!!!

Hey Anyone Have Friends Ticketed Or Arrested For Speeding? I Heard There Was A Big Sting For This Event. My First Time There Got Stopped For Speeding And More! I Thought This Event Was Supposed To Be Fun And Racing Other Hot Boats Was Ok????? I Will Never Go Back!! What A Joke!!!! I Have Been Boating For Years What A Shame! I Saw Multiple People Not Even Able To Get There Boats Out Of The River To Go Home Or Even Get To The Campground To A Safe Spot.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Registered

Sorry to here this i did not know there was a speed limit on the water. Never been to this event and never will go. I don't go where cops try to ruin an event.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoke to multiple guys who ran this event this past weekend and did some Bonzai runs well into triple digits and they said they got a thumbs up from the water patrol ,no safety checks ,no hassles, and they just played it C@@l thru the no wake zones .. the campground is alwayz full especially being such a beautiful weekend but theres numerous campsites & beaches ..what did they get you for if i may ask ? and what time of day ??? there alwayz heavy by the party cove but thats understandable
Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Hey, I thought it was great. Lot's of cops, but they were cool.
We did passes with WW, triple diggits all day long. They did pull me over on the last one about 6 pm saturday. I'm sure they wanted to know if I was drunk. No problem. No ticket. My first Hot Boat Weekend. I am going again.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

We had a great time. Made a few high speed runs with the new engine package. I thought the law enforcement were pretty lenient. Dan, it was great to spend time rafted off WickedWon. Great boat!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Brower Park and up river is a differant county and the cops have always been nicer and havn't cared about speed as long as you wernt stupid.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

We had a group from Traverse City down all weekend and never had a problem. The police were very cool with all of us, even at the end of the day Saturday when our raft of boats closed off the channel because some idiot at the end messed with the anchors...cops wanted the channel left open...they even helped us a bit. We'll be back every year.

Dan Adams - email your info to me if you can so I can keep you posted on the Traverse City poker run next year. Signed the contract today for the location. It will be July 17th - the weekend after Boyne Thunder. My email address is "[email protected]" . Looking forward to seeing that big yellow monster in West Grand Traverse Bay next summer!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Hey Matt, thanks for the heads up. Nice meeting you. The TC poker run is a great idea! We plan on leaving the boats in the area between Boyne PR and TC PR. I'll send you my info.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by check300
We had a great time. Made a few high speed runs with the new engine package. I thought the law enforcement were pretty lenient. Dan, it was great to spend time rafted off WickedWon. Great boat!
Thanks Bill, it was great to meet you. Had a wonderful time and can't wait til next year. Your new package is Insane! See you around, Dan
Old 09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Thanks Bill, it was great to meet you. Had a wonderful time and can't wait til next year. Your new package is Insane! See you around, Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.