Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 22, 2010 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/220647-smith-mountain-lake-poker-run-may-22-2010-a.html)

mwdill 11-29-2009 05:25 PM

Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run May 22, 2010

2 Attachment(s)
We have had to move mountains, literally, to get this run jazzed up to the quality that we all are used to. I think you all will be impressed with this years list of festivities and the AWESOME accomodations at Mariner's Landing Resort and Conference Center!! This will be top notch!! Two great bands friday night (Tim Martin Band and The KINGS) and on Saturday night we have BURNING BRIDGES!!!! Those of you who do not know who they are, it is Jerry's (lead singer for The Worx) brothers band. They are AWESOME!! You won't be disappointed!! Please see attached files which include the Captains letter and the tentative Agenda. Applications can be downloaded and printed off of the www.SMLBA.com website.

The cost is $175 per player with a 2 player minimum per boat and guests are $75 each. This includes Friday night events at Mango's Bar and Grill 5pm-11pm (food, beer and wine from 6-8pm) and Saturday night starting free beer and wine cooler garden by the pool and lake at 3pm, dinner at 6pm, awards 7pm, and BURNING BRIDGES the rest of the evening. All players and guests will receive event t-shirts.

Don't wait!!! Make your reservations for Mariner's Landing Resort ASAP as the rooms will go fast!!! They have 1,2, and 3 bedroom condos for special Poker Run Rates. Contact Shawn Eaton at 1-800-851-4988 ext. 0. The Poker Run will start and finish at Mariner's Landing Resort, so this is definately where you want to be staying. They also have a great boat ramp and plenty of parking for all haulers. Check out the accommodations at www.marinerslanding.com

Any further questions, contact Lori Dillon by email [email protected] or cell 540-556-9228 or Marshall Prillaman [email protected] or cell 540-761-5147. Hope to see you all there!!!!

mwdill 11-29-2009 05:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pictures of Mariner's Landing Resort and Conference center

ACTIVESHACK 11-29-2009 06:45 PM

You know I'll be there :drink:

ACTIVESHACK 11-29-2009 07:09 PM

Is there a ramp at Mariners ?

mwdill 11-29-2009 07:15 PM

How much have you had tonite? :D:

Don't wait!!! Make your reservations for Mariner's Landing Resort ASAP as the rooms will go fast!!! They have 1,2, and 3 bedroom condos for special Poker Run Rates. Contact Shawn Eaton at 1-800-851-4988 ext. 0. The Poker Run will start and finish at Mariner's Landing Resort, so this is definately where you want to be staying. They also have a great boat ramp and plenty of parking for all haulers. Check out the accommodations at www.marinerslanding.com[/QUOTE]

ciaoderhead 11-30-2009 03:06 AM

It's been a couple years but we'll be there this year:drink:

drejustice 11-30-2009 02:05 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll make it :coolcowboy:

C_Spray 12-04-2009 07:58 AM

Looks good. From what I hear, it's a low-pressure, fun-oriented event. What's the weather usually like at that time of year, and (like Mark asked) where is the best place to launch if you're staying at Mariner's Landing?

mwdill 12-04-2009 08:29 AM

weather is usually mild upper 70's to low 80's, Mariner's has a nice ramp with plenty of parking for the rigs and trailers.
and yes it is a low pressure event, but with the move to Mariner's the dock party and award party should be one to remember (if we will be able to sunday morning) :D: :drink:

24skaterVA 12-06-2009 04:03 PM

Had a great time at last years event. Any chance of moving to early May so I can attend