Notices

Louisville Boat Show

Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisville Boat Show

Thinking about heading down to the Louisville boat show next weekend. Has anyone heard if its going to be a decent turn out or will there be a lot of dealerships not bringing boats in or not going to be there at all
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Wondering the same thing!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

I would imagine it will be a really scaled down show (esp in terms of Perf. Boats), given Alton Blakely is closed, Lake Cumberland Marine is in Chpt 11, and most others just hoping to get through the winter.

Boat Shows are really expensive for dealers given the cost of the booth, transporting the boats to/from the show, hiring people to work it, etc. I would be surprised if it was a big show this year.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Registered

Exactly what I was thinking. Guess I wont be going this year. At least the Indianapolis show is only a little over a month a way. Bad thing is they dont have much for performance selection either and I'm ready for a new one.

But there is always all the beer, corn dogs, and still some boats to look at.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like a bunch of previously represented brands won't be there. The dates have been shortened up too, I think. Will probably still go, but I'm not expecting it to be that great.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

I'll do the cincy show this weekend, then the louisville one next. Since I'm really looking for a pontoon, I think there might be enough there to justify my time going.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am planning on going to the Louisville boat show this year and i have never been. What should i expect this year? Is it pretty much the same as Cincinnati boat show or is there more boats?

I am just looking for some info. THanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
I am planning on going to the Louisville boat show this year and i have never been. What should i expect this year? Is it pretty much the same as Cincinnati boat show or is there more boats?

I am just looking for some info. THanks!
In the past, the louisville show was much better than the cincy show. If I had to skip one, I would skip the cincy show as the drive to louisville was always worth it.

No idea how that will change this year with all that has happened in teh boating world.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
In the past, the louisville show was much better than the cincy show. If I had to skip one, I would skip the cincy show as the drive to louisville was always worth it.

No idea how that will change this year with all that has happened in teh boating world.
Thanks for the info. We have decided to attend both. It gives us something to do in this cold weather. I am hoping to see more power boats at the Louisville show.