Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
20th Seneca Lake Battleship Run >

20th Seneca Lake Battleship Run

Notices

20th Seneca Lake Battleship Run

Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don, good to know on the gas issue. Thanks for letting us know. We hope you can stop by after work.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too. I would love a chance to see your boat up close. Oh, and it might be nice to meet YOU too!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Registered

This has been a busy summer and im not complaining at all. I Hope to meet you also.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Default 3 days away! Great weather forecast

Only 3 days away. You can just show up to register Fri. eve. from 7-9pm or Sat motning from 8:30-10am.
The weather forecast is mid 80's and sun- a perfect day for boating on a beautiful lake!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Default 2 more days!

Just 2 more days till beautiful weather and a great run on beautiful Seneca Lake. I just got a call of a 44' Outerlimits coming up on Fri. You can show up Fri. from 7-9pm to register as well or Sat. morning from 8:30-10am.
It is going to be a great weekend you'll be sorry you missed. A detailer, a massage therapist, a recording and touring artist and her band, a sumptous BBQ dinner and great people are just some of the reasons to come last minute!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Just 2 more days till beautiful weather and a great run on beautiful Seneca Lake. I just got a call of a 44' Outerlimits coming up on Fri. You can show up Fri. from 7-9pm to register as well or Sat. morning from 8:30-10am.
It is going to be a great weekend you'll be sorry you missed. A detailer, a massage therapist, a recording and touring artist and her band, a sumptous BBQ dinner and great people are just some of the reasons to come last minute!
In a few months we are going to have to plan along with other event host, so we can attend this and some other events that we overlap with. I hope everyone has a great, SAFE and enjoyable event and anticipate the pics to follow. I hope we get the same weather you guys have forecasted!!! ENJOY
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC
In a few months we are going to have to plan along with other event host, so we can attend this and some other events that we overlap with. I hope everyone has a great, SAFE and enjoyable event and anticipate the pics to follow. I hope we get the same weather you guys have forecasted!!! ENJOY
Exactly! I did this run with Ropa for years under Whiplash's leadership. ALways a good time and safe run. I like the fact that the speed groups stay together behind a pace boat so you actually run with other boats in your class. Its not a "free-for-all". No-one is left behind. They have been doing it right for many years and alot could be learned from them. The Sandy Pond boyz however have for the last several years, chose this same date as their annual bash and being my "home port", I've had to give up the "Battleship Run" regrettably. It would be great if ya'll could coordinate your events...Goodluck with the run Whiplash...
Old 07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I just got back from Seneca Lake and I have to tell you, the ROPA crew once again did an awesome job. In spite of a down economy, limited volunteer help and who knows what else, the run (for the 20th time) was just plain fun. No pressure, no idiots, not even any clouds. How's 85 degree air temperature with 74 degree crystal clear water with maybe 1'-2' chop? Yea, it was that good.

If you wanted high dollar hardware, it was coming out of the woodwork with awesome representation from Fountain (the 42' was the hot ticket this year), Outerlimits (and this one was out of this word), Skater (right out of the pages of Powerboat Magazine), Eliminator (how's 150 MPH sound?), Magnum (oh, how sweet), Checkmate, Baja, Progression, Superboat, etc.

Think you had to have a high dollar ride to participate? Not with this club. I felt just as at home and at ease with my 22' Progression as the fine folks with the big stuff. Want to know how special this one was? How about the big winner donating the entire prize to a great cause? Quite honestly, other than the Karaoke Friday night (that sounded like asthmatic farm animals begging for mercy), the whole thing was about picture perfect. Speaking of pictures, wait until the picture of Laster in his 24' Progression doing his space shuttle imitation shows up in a few days. Trust me, this one's gonna be worth waiting for!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Glad to hear you guys had a great event, Being able to enjoy something like this run a helping out a great cause makes everything that much better. I give props to those involved in making the event a success and to those that participated. Now howabout some pics????
Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It was a lot of fun. Really great people. Can't wait for next year. Now, Too Stroked, about that Space Shuttle thing. We were doing fine . . .

until we hit the tsunami
Attached Thumbnails 20th Seneca Lake Battleship Run-img_1686.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.