Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Sandy Pond Fun Run / Pond Party 7-17-2010 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/233864-sandy-pond-fun-run-pond-party-7-17-2010-a.html)

NY POWERBOAT INC 07-01-2010 10:10 PM

Sandy Pond Fun Run / Pond Party 7-17-2010

1 Attachment(s)
The Sandy Pond Party is Back, AND just like years past One of the funnest days of the summer. The Pond Boy's will have the HUGE Bash on the Island this year instead of the inlet and weather permitting we are going to have a Fun Run in the AM to try to raise some money for the Channel Dredge Association. JP SHAGGY will be the entertainment of choice "OF COURSE" and T-Shirts will be available to help support the Channel Association. We are trying to get a good list of prizes donated to help us award some lucky ladies in the 1st Annual "QUEEN of The Pond" Bikini Contest, so if anyone would like to donate please let us know. In the AM we would like to have a meeting of boaters at The WigWam docks to do a fun run for lunch some place and then back to the party with a HUGE Entrance of LOUD AND CRAZY POWER BOATS!! Anyone with ideas are encouraged to chime in and more details to come, If anyone would like us to use donated T-Shirts with their company name or club name on them for the contest we will be happy to do so if you can donate a prize of some sort. Thanks and see you then!!

Mike L 07-02-2010 07:42 AM

I spoke with the Wigwam, they were nice enough to allow us free launching and docking overnight for friday and sat. Some came on friday last year and got a room for both nights, we will all be down there on friday night also as last year. Docks are nice, plenty of water. Channel is looking better, larger cruisers are getting into the lake now. Dredging starts July 15th....

Mike L 07-02-2010 07:58 AM

www.irishwigwam.com for people who would like to stay.

upstate31sonic 07-02-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TIP-SEA_32_baja (Post 3149819)
Channel is looking better, larger cruisers are getting into the lake now. Dredging starts July 15th....

I was thinking I better get the row boat out to get into the pond:drink:

andyt25 07-02-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by upstate31sonic (Post 3150248)
I was thinking I better get the row boat out to get into the pond:drink:

bob I'm planing on going to lakeview this weekend and will let you know how my sonic makes it from the pond to the lake

upstate31sonic 07-02-2010 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by andyt25 (Post 3150273)
bob I'm planing on going to lakeview this weekend and will let you know how my sonic makes it from the pond to the lake

Going to be more than me interested in knowing how you make out...Will be spending the weekend on the small lake..Have a great time!! :drink:

Mike L 07-04-2010 08:36 AM

Yes Sandy Pond is North of Pulaski, connected to Lake Ontario. We would like to plan on running toward Henderson Harbor or Sackets Harbor for lunch.

andyt25 07-05-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by upstate31sonic (Post 3150304)
Going to be more than me interested in knowing how you make out...Will be spending the weekend on the small lake..Have a great time!! :drink:

I made it through the channel with no issues just don't follow the markers they're way off. It's shallow but very doable