Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Ohio Shootout, Caesar Creek State Park, 10-16-2010 >

Ohio Shootout, Caesar Creek State Park, 10-16-2010

Notices

Ohio Shootout, Caesar Creek State Park, 10-16-2010

Old 10-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Donzi and SB would have been a great run. I will say this, the dude in the SB would can really drive that thing. There was a few times i could see the whole boat out of the water over 80mph. It was awesome!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja 2008
The Donzi and SB would have been a great run. I will say this, the dude in the SB would can really drive that thing. There was a few times i could see the whole boat out of the water over 80mph. It was awesome!
I dunno if it was so much "driving" .. maybe more like holdin on at one point on the second pass.

I had borrowed a bravo prop to test while I was down there...I never ran a bravo prop on this hull and when KN and I raced it was the third and fourth pass at speed with it.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

KN, great event, we will see everyone next year. TS....the GPS=34's at 6500 or so......special tuneup??????
Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by greencard
KN, great event, we will see everyone next year. TS....the GPS=34's at 6500 or so......special tuneup??????
GC, Thanks for coming out! Sweet Cat! Big Power!! Yes.. I would say that is a Very special Tune-up! I don't know your slip #'s and guessing 1.34 gears so... WOW!! I guess you had to laugh when I pulled up next to you. My guess.. 130+ 18%
Gotta Love that BES Power! KN
Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Hey Len what a great turn out,I would have loved to been there even in the ski boat.Maybe I can round up enough parts to get mine running for next years run.I looked through all the pics and I only seen one 100 mph checkmate ,I thought there were 2 over in that area.Give me a call when your ready to take a look at that dash.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Checkmate

Is the 632 ci Checkmate Carb,EFI or SC

Awsume running boat.

Randy
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by r015
Is the 632 ci Checkmate Carb,EFI or SC

Awsume running boat.

Randy
Thanks Randy, It is carburated with a single 1250cfm Dominator.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by The Nerd
Thanks for inquiring......we had a bit of a "mishap" at Alum Creek the week before. Thought the steering went out on us as we were running down the lake around 85ish (yes, we have semi-power assist on one side) and the boat spun out violently. Or.....if it wasn't a steering issue, maybe just caught a wave the wrong way? Whatever it was.....we were a bit shaken up and decided that was it for boating for the year. Drove it straight to the dock and put it on the trailer when that happened. Just glad we're okay. In 9 years of running that boat at those speeds in all types of water conditions, this was a very strange, unexpected, and dangerous thing to occur. Really wanted to make it down to your guys' shooutout......looked like a blast from the pictures.
It shakes you up, I put my 272 Baja sideways at 95-96 mph 2 years ago when the shortie I was trying blew out, I saved it and nothing bad happened but it took my vision of breaking 100 mph back a few notches!!! I might try to make it next year, who ran the biggest number?