Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on? >

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Notices

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BKSAE
Thats all we really need. Why not just corrdinate a departure time on a specific Saturday morning from a marina (KY Dam), lunch stop, back to quarry. Maybe just a T-Shirt. Sounds simple, but probably more complicated than what I realize.
The only hard part with shirts is no one wants toprepay for them. If we could get people to prepay then this could be done with ease. I usually redesign our shirts every year for around $150 and printing shirts for around $4- $6 depending on colors
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Run

What needs to be done to get this run going?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
LOL like I said this was just my understanding not trying to start any rumors. I was told he just didn't have the time to deal with it but I could be wrong. As started above I also am fighting the same battle he is with time allocation to put on my own event which we have been doing for several years. The problem I see is that I ahve 6 people that sit on my board and it has to be me who initiates all major projects. There is no one that wants to step up behind me and take all the responsbility to make sure everything is ready day of. I imagine this is the same battle mitch is having. No one wants to see it go away but no one wants to step up and take responsibility either.
Which club are you the president of? I've heard of a poker run in o'boro, but never saw a flier or anything around Evansville.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Owensboro boaters organization. Non profit club that puts on benefits for the community. Our pr was a lot of fun and we attracted a lot of small boats.... We all are finding ourselves wanting to spend time at larger lakes and 4out of 6 guys have taken new jobs since I started it.... Economic times have not hurt our sponsorship but has hurt the guys that were helping me crank events out.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BKSAE
What needs to be done to get this run going?
Pick a weekend. Personally I didn't like it being on fathers day weekend in the past. But I am a new father. After that we can get some shirt designs and then 30 days before the fun run we can order for anyone who prepays. No prepay no shirt.

IF we did want to do a band at the end that and catering could be easily arranged. Honestly the hardest part of putting on a poker run is getting enough stops and people to work them. Ordering shirts and food and getting a band is the easy part.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Owensboro boaters organization. Non profit club that puts on benefits for the community. Our pr was a lot of fun and we attracted a lot of small boats.... We all are finding ourselves wanting to spend time at larger lakes and 4out of 6 guys have taken new jobs since I started it.... Economic times have not hurt our sponsorship but has hurt the guys that were helping me crank events out.

That's cool. We did the OBC poker run last summer and had a blast. Be sure to post when the next one is in o'boro, we would like to make that one too.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 642MX
Which club are you the president of? I've heard of a poker run in o'boro, but never saw a flier or anything around Evansville.
u must have gotten the same P.M.l i did yesterday MX

Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only hard part with shirts is no one wants toprepay for them. If we could get people to prepay then this could be done with ease. I usually redesign our shirts every year for around $150 and printing shirts for around $4- $6 depending on colors
why would you need a prepay ???? or worry about a couple hundo ??? if your the T-Shirt dynamo have them done and sell them for 15.00 or 20.00 a pop ! the guys i know up there that attended ( abunch from Tenn) wont have a problem with a pocket change T-.shirt ... think of the Coin ya'll will make
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pick a weekend. Personally I didn't like it being on fathers day weekend in the past. But I am a new father. After that we can get some shirt designs and then 30 days before the fun run we can order for anyone who prepays. No prepay no shirt.

IF we did want to do a band at the end that and catering could be easily arranged. Honestly the hardest part of putting on a poker run is getting enough stops and people to work them. Ordering shirts and food and getting a band is the easy part.
If you did all that you would only be a deck of cards away from a full fledged Run. I'm sure the Marina's would step up the food if they knew we we're coming....or not. Big deal. It is the run down lake and tying up and hanging out everyone enjoys! The women might be pissed cause they can't show off at dinner though

I volunteer Mark Hogsett and Jimmy Davis!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
u must have gotten the same P.M.l i did yesterday MX

I didn't get any PM's.... what did I miss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.