Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on? >

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Notices

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
LMAO ya'll know they allow lapDANCES in the pokie
So what Kenny O says about you is true huh???
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mama tryed
So what Kenny O says about you is true huh???
the @S@ gaurds are awesome butt the ones from Kennys girl & your w!fey are strickly the best .
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
this is the big problem.... Organizer very rarely gets to enjoy the event.... This is why I suggested a fun run... Almost no organizing other than setting a date... Pick a place for lunch and head back to the party cove. I have never gone to a poker run truely depending on winning poker hands... I go to see nice boats, party, and play. The cost to run the runs is just the cost of fun to organize large groups of people
I will second the Fun Run Idea the more I learn about attempting to pull this off the more it scares me. Insurance, Permits, fights and stolen golf carts??? Not sure I want any part of that. I will toss out the first date suggestion June 18-19, 2011 I think thats the weekend after Fathers Day. Would it be necessary to have a registrations process?? Boaters could register and prepay for a tee shirt if we would wanted to try a have a t-shirt.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally Love this run and will do whatever is necessary to ensure that it still happens.. I like the idea of a fun run. I personally have have all my own D.J. equipment so a band is not totally necessary. The run to TN was awesome and would love for that to continue as well. with some phone numbers and contacts for some of these places, we can at least make something happen..I will be in contact with Mitch...
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BuddyLuV
I personally Love this run and will do whatever is necessary to ensure that it still happens.. I like the idea of a fun run. I personally have have all my own D.J. equipment so a band is not totally necessary. The run to TN was awesome and would love for that to continue as well. with some phone numbers and contacts for some of these places, we can at least make something happen..I will be in contact with Mitch...
GET R DONE Buddy

I second that June 16 -19 th party weekend
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
I will second the Fun Run Idea the more I learn about attempting to pull this off the more it scares me. Insurance, Permits, fights and stolen golf carts??? Not sure I want any part of that. I will toss out the first date suggestion June 18-19, 2011 I think thats the weekend after Fathers Day. Would it be necessary to have a registrations process?? Boaters could register and prepay for a tee shirt if we would wanted to try a have a t-shirt.
That date is perfect for me, I'm off work that weekend. A t-shirt would be cool, but its not a big deal if its too much trouble.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Now your talking!!!!! Pick a date that works for most everybody(it'll never work for everyone) Ky Dam has the best parking and launching, leave the Dam go to Tn. or wherever,...,, have lunch, play cards, kiss the baby's then head back north, raft off somewhere for a "union meeting" then back on the trailers before dark!! simple, very few calls to make, no liabilty, evrybody has FUN!!

Mitch
The dam sounds like a good meeting point. I'll probably launch at poplar creek like I always do and meet everyone at the dam.

Is Fat Daddys a long run? or too long? I've never been, but I hear people talking about it.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

I would still talk to a lawyer about what your liability would be.
Doesnt matter if you call it a fun run or just a get together,
if people sign up and you post/advertise it it is an organized event and someone will be in trouble if something happens..
Now if everyone just "happens" to show up at the same place then no problem....
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

T-Shirts would be cool if someone could pull it off. I'm sure somebody would "sponsor" the upfront money for the shirts. I know some of us burn enough gas on this run to buy shirts for everyone so as long as someone is trustworthy enough I'm sure we could pony up some cash up front and even sell the shirts for 10-15 bucks to recoup... Just a thought!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BuddyLuV
You just love riding with me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.