SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Notices

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by custom29scarab
Dude I would love to see your azz in that suit
Here's an idea..........how about NN Wears the Gig @ SWAMP RUN 2011 Think of the Photo Ops Nolan

http://[IMG%5Dhttp://i131.photobucke....jpg%5B/IMG%5D
Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Filtrman
Here's an idea..........how about NN Wears the Gig @ SWAMP RUN 2011 Think of the Photo Ops Nolan

http://[IMG%5Dhttp://i131.photobucke....jpg%5B/IMG%5D
I can't see the pic but if we hit $20,000.00 I'll wear anything you want!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Nolan - the poster should be in your NYSpowerboat email box...
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Nolan - the poster should be in your NYSpowerboat email box...
Thank You it looks GREAT and we really appreciate help from people like yourself on this event.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Thank You BlackJack 58, for Donating your time and tallent to create a poster for this years run. I'll post one as soon as it uploads.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
swamp run 85x11.pdf (251.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by nitrousnolan; 05-11-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Ok guys here is the Skinny...........This year the run will be the same course as last year, Starting and ending in Brewerton at "The WaterFront" http://thewaterfronttavern.com/ . We will run from there to Sylvan have Lunch and relax about a 1.5 hr stop at http://www.sylvanbeach.com/harpoons/ . Then we will line up in front of the beach (South Side) and run in line across the front of the beach for everyone to see then run to ChMarker 117 for a card stop, then to ChMarker 135 for a card stop then to 3mile Bay for a raft off with some fun and Bikinis. @ 5pm we will run back to the waterfront for dinner @7 pm with banquet and DRINKS. We have set a goal of $21500.00 for this year which is a TALL goal but within reach. Please contact us if you are interested in sponsoring this event or making a Donation. Thank You and lets hope for great weather and a great day on the water to brighten some young faces!!

LETS MAKE THIS OLD NEWS!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered

Default Great News :flag:

I just recieved a very touching story from our represenative at Make-A-Wish about the child and her family who's wish was granted from the 2010 Swamp Run Donation. Natalie had wanted to go to Florida and swim with the dolphins, and Thanks to everyone that was a part of the 2010 Swamp Run Natlies wish came TRUE, below is the letter from Natlies mother as well as some pics from their trip. THANK YOU everyone that was a part of the 2010 Swamp Run and made this possible .

"In June of 2009 Natalie was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. The doctors found a Wilm’s Tumor that had wrapped around her left kidney and spread to her lungs. She quickly underwent surgery to have the tumor and kidney removed. She then endured radiation to the stomach and lungs as well as 9 months of aggressive chemotherapy treatments. As a parent seeing your child struggling through treatment you are overwhelmed with feelings of worry, guilt, frustration, anger and sadness. However, underlying all of these emotions is faith. We were never without hope that a new day would come.

For our family, this vacation was the light at the end of the tunnel. It began with a wish granting ceremony at the Watertown Zoo. Dr. Foster, the director of the Zoo, took us in a private tour allowing the children to experience one on one animal encounters…even hands on feeding of the wolves!! After the tour Natalie’s wish was granted and she was filled with excitement and anticipation. Next came the surprise return of my husband from Iraq. The children were not expecting him and when we arrived at the airport to pick him up they were elated!! We were back together again and most importantly Natalie was on her way to recovery! We arrived in beautiful, sunny Florida and instantly Natalie was living her dream! She could not get to the pool fast enough! We spent each minute of every day in awe of the seemingly endless splendor that surrounded us. From the Safari ride at Animal Kingdom, to face painting and Shamu…it was all beyond magical. When it came time to swim with the dolphins, I waited anxiously on the side lines as Natalie stepped into the pool with her Daddy. She stood next to the Dolphin grinning and giggling to ecstatically I swore she might burst. IN that moment a wave of sheer joy rushed through me, filling my heart with warmth it had been missing for quite some time. I knew instantly that this feeling was far greater and more powerful than any pain or sadness I had ever felt. It was not only at peace, but in a state of absolute bliss. My beautiful, amazing daughter stood there, in front of me, healthy radiant and insanely HAPPY! There will never be enough words to adequately thank you for that moment.

As I watched two red Mickey Mouse hats skip down the walkway and board our plane, I was not sad to be leaving. I knew that even though our vacation was over the feeling of ecstasy that it brought to our family was not. It was a new beginning, a new day. Thank you for providing us light at the end of a dark tunnel and for showing us the generosity, kindness and love of the human spirit. Our hearts will be forever overflowing as we carry with us the knowledge of the power of a wish.

With much love and gratitude,

Natalie’s Family"

Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

That's so AWESOME !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

That is what its all about! Great job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.