SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011 >

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Notices

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Old 05-26-2012, 02:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I need a commitment no later than May 31 st.

Other jobs are coming in for that weekend that I have put them on hold until I know if I am coming to the Swamp Run ...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here is an update, The 2012 Swamp Run will not be a reality for the 2012 season. Unfortunately with an increased work load for myself, Mike is expecting a new child in October (Congratulations Mike & Emily), and we have not been able to obtain an insurance commitment as well. With all this said time just does not permit us to be able to get this event off without a hitch. The past Swamp Runs have all been a Great Success thanks to all the participants and advertisers for the past support and participation. We hope to possibly bring this event back for 2013 BIGGER and BETTER if we can get some extra help with the organization as well as during the event. Again THANK YOU everyone for all of the success and large donations to The Make A Wish of CNY since 2008. This event will not just go away and has been an Event on Oneida Lake since 2005 and will RETURN we promise.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a shame we always here good things about your run, good luck for next year
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

I am sure the event will return.

Nolan and his small crew put a lot into this event and it has always been one of my favorite Runs to cover.

I have had many talks with him and was shocked to hear the cost to enter was as little as $100 that included LUNCH, an Event Shirt and DINNER .

As we kept getting closer to the date I learned that the Insurance Co hadn't given him a quote as of yet.

I know the winter in upstate NY was hard on many of the businesses up there that rely on snow to make their businesses a success. Nolan's being one of them. Even with being his worst year to date, he was insisting on putting the Swamp Run on.

I can't tell how much this is disappointing him not doing it this year, but as I have said to many people putting events on, it takes time and a lot of planning and without the time on your side it can kill the event for good.

So for now, even if he got the insurance tomorrow, I was hoping to convince him to take a break this year so the event has time to be properly done. The last thing you want is to throw something together just for the sake of having it and it be a half fast event. Then you can lose the participants that have supported you from the previous years and any 1st timers for sure.

Nolan has my upmost respect for the work and the donations he and his crew have raised for the Make A Wish Foundation.

Hopefully we see it through for 2013 and if anyone up there wants to help with the planning or working of the event, I know they certainly can use it.

For those of you that have been to this event, I think you would be surprised have few people go this done and well done at that ! A few more to help them can lessen the burden on everyone and make it even better...

To all of the Sponsors of the previous events THANK YOU for the support and hope you will be there when this event is due to come back.

Last but not least, THANK YOU to everyone that came out and help raise the funds for this cause.

Without your support, the goal can never be reached.

Have a safe enjoyable boating season !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-02-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC
Ok here is an update, The 2012 Swamp Run will not be a reality for the 2012 season. Unfortunately with an increased work load for myself, Mike is expecting a new child in October (Congratulations Mike & Emily), and we have not been able to obtain an insurance commitment as well. With all this said time just does not permit us to be able to get this event off without a hitch. The past Swamp Runs have all been a Great Success thanks to all the participants and advertisers for the past support and participation. We hope to possibly bring this event back for 2013 BIGGER and BETTER if we can get some extra help with the organization as well as during the event. Again THANK YOU everyone for all of the success and large donations to The Make A Wish of CNY since 2008. This event will not just go away and has been an Event on Oneida Lake since 2005 and will RETURN we promise.

I told you getting married was going to interfere with your boating fun . I just didn't expect it to interfere with mine. Your run was the only one I made last year

Please clear any of your future life changes with us before diving in an unsupervised and unapproved fashion. :-)

Last edited by Adrenaline Junkie; 06-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Hey.....some of you guys...and gals get your butts(boats) to buffalo this saturday....going to be a great day for a poker run !!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HTGMotorsports
Hey.....some of you guys...and gals get your butts(boats) to buffalo this saturday....going to be a great day for a poker run !!!!!!!!
Wish I could.

Saturday in Tully for my daughter's lacrosse tourney.

Sunday in Oswego for my son's.

Have fun and be safe. Looks like it's going to be a great day.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any word on a 2013 Swamp Run??
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhh, kinda doubt it.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Registered

Was wondering about this myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.