Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
21st Seneca Lake Battleship Run >

21st Seneca Lake Battleship Run

Notices
Poker Runs and Boating Events

21st Seneca Lake Battleship Run

Old 07-14-2011, 11:55 PM
  #21  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Penfield, N.Y. USA
Posts: 632
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Forecast- High 80's sunny for Saturday's run and the same for Sunday post run hangout. How can you ask for more! Either come on Fri. night or be there by 9am Sat. or you'll miss the best boating weekend and water this summer!:cool-smiley-026
WHIPLASH is offline  
Old 07-17-2011, 05:46 PM
  #22  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Too Stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,951
Received 152 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Finally just got back home. What an awesome weekend! Virtually postcard perfect weather and some of the nicest people you ever want to meet. Great job to the organizers!
Too Stroked is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 PM
  #23  
Registered
 
Kelly O's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Auburn, New York
Posts: 1,262
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Great weather, great water to run on, nice relaxed time. Thanks to ROPA for putting together such a great event.
Kelly O is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
  #24  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Too Stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,951
Received 152 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kelly O View Post
Great weather, great water to run on, nice relaxed time. Thanks to ROPA for putting together such a great event.
Kelly,

It was great getting to actually meet you on the docks. That's one awesome Fountain you have there and it looked great both sitting still and flying by. Hope to see you again!

Tom
Too Stroked is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
  #25  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Penfield, N.Y. USA
Posts: 632
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks!

It was great weather and water for all and if you missed it you missed the best weekend of the summer! Next year it will be the same 3rd weekend in July as always. The date is July 21st.
A forgotten public thanks goes to Bob Kiedrowski for donating 6 bottles of delicious 4 Chimney's Organic Winery wine. Those who won the Startron ethanol treatment and wine should know that 4 Chimney's does not use ethanol for alcohol in their wine so you don't need to treat it!
Thanks to allour sponsors:
Tempstar Heating and cooling products
Natures Accents
WNYOPA
Roger Fisher Heating and Cooling
Frog Hollow Marina
The Showboat Resort
Barrett's Marine
Hope to see you all next year at the 22nd annual Seneca Lake Battleship Run.
WHIPLASH is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  #26  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Too Stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,951
Received 152 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

For those of you unfamiliar with Rochester Offshore and this particular run, let me tell you a little story about what happened Friday night before the run. Roger Fisher – long time ROPA member – backed his 32’ Pachanga into his dock in front of the Showboat Hotel bar just before dark. Several folks noticed that the port side of his transom was black with soot. When questioned, Roger didn’t know what was wrong. (A quick footnote; Roger only recently discovered that his boat had motors and that they were indeed under the hatch.)

So, several club members swung into action and discovered an exhaust hose had blown out on the port side. Before you could say “I wonder how he’s going to fix that,” parts, tools and mechanics showed up. In less than an hour (in the dark), a new exhaust hose was fitted along with a few other new parts to get Roger back up and running. Then, as fast as everybody came, they all went back to having fun at the bar. Roger ran the whole run Saturday – and served as the photo boat – without incident.

Was this an isolated event? I think not. And remember, it was Roger who won first prize last year and promptly donated it back to the club. That’s just the kind of club – and the kind of people who belong to it – that Rochester Offshore is made up of.
Too Stroked is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM
  #27  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 311
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Too Stroked View Post
For those of you unfamiliar with Rochester Offshore and this particular run, let me tell you a little story about what happened Friday night before the run. Roger Fisher – long time ROPA member – backed his 32’ Pachanga into his dock in front of the Showboat Hotel bar just before dark. Several folks noticed that the port side of his transom was black with soot. When questioned, Roger didn’t know what was wrong. (A quick footnote; Roger only recently discovered that his boat had motors and that they were indeed under the hatch.)

So, several club members swung into action and discovered an exhaust hose had blown out on the port side. Before you could say “I wonder how he’s going to fix that,” parts, tools and mechanics showed up. In less than an hour (in the dark), a new exhaust hose was fitted along with a few other new parts to get Roger back up and running. Then, as fast as everybody came, they all went back to having fun at the bar. Roger ran the whole run Saturday – and served as the photo boat – without incident.

Was this an isolated event? I think not. And remember, it was Roger who won first prize last year and promptly donated it back to the club. That’s just the kind of club – and the kind of people who belong to it – that Rochester Offshore is made up of.
Roger is a upstanding guy and has always been the first one in at the Buffalo Poker run. You guys are a class act over there. We here in Buffalo are glad to be a sister club of ROPA. Are you going to bring that outboard to Buffalo on the 13th ?
27bajaboss is offline  
Old 07-23-2011, 08:21 PM
  #28  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Too Stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,951
Received 152 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 27bajaboss View Post
Roger is a upstanding guy and has always been the first one in at the Buffalo Poker run. You guys are a class act over there. We here in Buffalo are glad to be a sister club of ROPA. Are you going to bring that outboard to Buffalo on the 13th ?
Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to bring the weed whacker to your run, but I have to work that day. (My one Saturday off each summer gets used for Seneca Lake.) At least it's at the marina so I'm somewhere close to boats.
Too Stroked is offline  
Old 08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
  #29  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greece, NY
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I posted some photos on our Facebook Group page. Feel free to do the same. Here is a link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?.../133265690206/
Coastie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.