Notices

9-11-11 Memorial Hudson Run

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. If I make it it'll be Sunday. Got the go ahead from the wife and rescheduling my camping reservations today. I've got a big flag up in the attic, gonna see if I can make a rig to put it on the boat. Its probably too big to fly it all the way down though.

John
Old 09-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's the debris going to be? I would think with all this rain and flooding it can't be good, especially when everyone was worrying last month when the run got cancelled.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am very concerned about the debis what is your thought Anthony.
Rich
Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Last weekend the Coast Guard put out a warning of caution to all pleasure boaters to avoid being out on the river do to the high amonut of debri. It's not much better from last weekend. I think the season is pretty much at the end now for us that boat on the Hudson
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
Last weekend the Coast Guard put out a warning of caution to all pleasure boaters to avoid being out on the river do to the high amount of debris.
I wonder what the Coast Guard's opinion will be when they drop in a few 100 + mph Race Boats on Saturday morning ???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

The debris has me kind of concerned too. As of now I'm thinking I'm still in. One of the other Checkmate guys is gonna ride with me along with another friend but if they both bail I don't think I'm going to make the trip solo with all the crap in the water.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by atc250r
The debris has me kind of concerned too. As of now I'm thinking I'm still in. One of the other Checkmate guys is gonna ride with me along with another friend but if they both bail I don't think I'm going to make the trip solo with all the crap in the water.
I'm not worried about debris this time. We have all day to get where we need to go so we can just cruise nice and slow. As far as a time I originally thought about being in front of the Freedom tower just before 8:45am. But A few people called me and thought that the time really didn't matter as long as we were they to pay our respects anytime during the day. So if everyone else is OK with that then maybe we will just do our normal 11 am departure from the marina and that would put us down there around noon. Let me know what everyone wants to do...

Mounted my 7' high flag pole off the swim platform and all set for the 4'X6' flag. Had to drill a hole in the swim platform but its for a good cause. Plus I always wanted a flag for other holidays etc.

Thanks Anthony
Any questions or problems please feel free to call me on my cell. 1-732-921-3355

Last edited by nordic95; 09-08-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I wonder what the Coast Guard's opinion will be when they drop in a few 100 + mph Race Boats on Saturday morning ???
Tim are you going to be down there shooting on Saturday? We will be down before 9 to watch the race if we can get close enough. Call me if you need anything.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
Tim are you going to be down there shooting on Saturday? We will be down before 9 to watch the race if we can get close enough. Call me if you need anything.
No. I have a PAID SHOOT to do at another event Friday & Saturday.

Besides, it's not looking like a pleasant experience up there.

Homeland Security and the 911 ceremonies and all. From what I read on SBI's website the race has to start by 9AM and all of the boats off the river by 10:30 AM.

Sounds like "Get In and Get Out!"

Not sure if they are even allowed to have anything at Liberty State Park on Sunday ? Some racers I hear are pulling out on Saturday to head back home.

Not to mention the tons of debris coming down the river after all of the floods from Hurricane Irene and the additional rain this week....

Kinda of worried myself about the debris in Maryland as well...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just asked 343 members of NYFD and 23 members of NYPD to clear a path for us.This is not a poker run or a fun run,it a way to pay our respects if we have to run 35 going down to the city so be it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.