Did the RTB run get canceled??

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Nope.

Rescheduled for Sept 10th.

Facebook EVENT Sept 10th

I leave 1st thing tomorrow morning for an early morning shoot and then onto North East , Md. with a convoy of boats .

I SHOULD NOTE:

I have been contracted to shoot for Marine Unlimited and their customers boats for the weekend...

The Run itself may or may not have their own photographer to cover the event. I haven't heard for sure...

My main focus will be with the Marine Unlimited Boats ...

All others can check with the promoter to see if they have a photographer on hand..

This is what's listed so far:

Thursday Morning Roll Call & More Coming:
Outerlimits: 13
Other : 17 (MTI, Apache, Nordic, etc)
Fountain: 10
Cigarette : 9
... Donzi : 5
Velocity : 5
Sunsation : 5
Black Thunder : 3
Hustler : 2
Baja : 2
Scarab : 2
Skater : 3
Formula : 5
Spectre : 2
Nortech : 4
Tim, my section on your site is a little thin! Be sure to grab some pics of the OL during the run! See you tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last time he made the group run in these weather conditions, a beautiful 26 scarab hit something and sank in the first 5 miles. do you think the poor boat owner got his $650 entry fee refunded ?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Registered

I went a few years ago and rather than post-poning the event they decided to run in complete fog---you could barely see the boat next to you on the water--it was like a cosmocosie(sp?) pilot---point and aim---you could hear motors everywhere but couldnt see ****. We just idled off to the side and met up later that nite for the party.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kilrbusa
I went a few years ago and rather than post-poning the event they decided to run in complete fog---you could barely see the boat next to you on the water--it was like a cosmocosie(sp?) pilot---point and aim---you could hear motors everywhere but couldnt see ****. We just idled off to the side and met up later that nite for the party.
Yup, I was there for that, pissed off, had a stupid skank that should not have been on the boat SCREAMING in my ear the whole day, and it was truly a HUGE saftey concern...... and we weere told if we didn't run we were DQ'd . But with this guy all he thinks about is $$$$ and from what I understand with his $ position I bet this year will not be any diffrent. Please everyone be safe and have a good SAFE time.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
The Conowingo dam is WAY over flood stage and all gates are open. If the run is going off they need to be very aware of debris in the upper Bay, it is going to be ugly.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...2C1%2C1%2C1%22
Just pulled this picture from tidalfish.com (fishing site). Here is a picture taken at the mouth of the Susquhanna (spelling?). I don't see any way that they can have the run....but if they do, please be careful!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Did the RTB run get canceled??-mouthsusqua.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

There's no way he will give up pocketing 25K just for something simple like the saftey of the participants.

one year the boat sunk cause he ran the day after a huricane and the water looked like what Craig posted.

the other year with the fog, there was many near misses....then a boat ended 100' up on the shore cause there was 0 visability.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to believe people still attend such an outing when a promoter is so reckless.

That picture is nasty...who would even want to take their boat out in that. If it was canceled, I would hope that refunds would be forthcoming.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

........Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha he said refund.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

What I can figure is why people spend 500+ dollars , another 300 in gas , beat the crap out of their boats to collect silly cards ??? I guess to simply make the promoter of event a ton of cash ? The last place I want to be is running a 100 mph + next to a moron that @ anytime could wipe me out , no thanks!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

But you own a Skater..........?? Are you someone that never runs your boat hard or has a private lake to do so on? I'm not tring to be a jerk but most cat owners run their boats to a rather impressive MPH, as well as use the boats for poker runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.