Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Did the RTB run get canceled?? >

Did the RTB run get canceled??

Notices

Did the RTB run get canceled??

Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a poker run a few years ago with my old race boat just to see what it was like , one was enough . My current boat I have not driven yet . If these guys want true bragging rights , race with OPA 0r OSS

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 09-09-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

Or run RTB and come back with everything in one piece, run the obstacle course with out any blemishes, and hope you win if there is a payout.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Registered

Remember the year when he had zero boats signed up....then he downloaded a pic of some ramdom model off the internet and posted it on his site, and said it was his wifes' best friend and she was single and wanted a ride on a "fast boat" at the poker run.

He will attempt anything to line his pockets.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Remember the year when he had zero boats signed up....then he downloaded a pic of some ramdom model off the internet and posted it on his site, and said it was his wifes' best friend and she was single and wanted a ride on a "fast boat" at the poker run.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

I would like to see a in-water boat show , nothing but HP boats , custom paint , wild engines and a combine with make a wish .
Old 09-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000

Yup looks like takeII or better yet XV, from the pics I have seen it looks like Marine Unlimited....aka the main sponsor is all of the boats shown at the dock. I wonder what happened to the 100+ boats??????? What a DONKEY this guy is.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

NN, where are the pics?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

saw them take off, looked like the worst water conditions ever. logs, trees, fog, everything, cant believe they ran. i hope no one got any damage. the start was postponed because fog was so thick you couldnt see 100ft.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:25 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, the fog rolled in and no sooner when it was being discussed to modify the run the fog lifted and moved out very quickly..

Several meetings took place leading up to any start.

Jeff had taken a vote on who was still willing to make the run knowing debris was to be out there. He more or less left it up the the boat owners to decide whether they would stay on the dock for the day or head out onto a newly drafted course. The idea was to not run to Red Eyes once it was delayed too long.

So it was decided that we would make a new lunch stop at the Chesapeake Inn. AWESOME place BTW !

This was up on the C&D Canal where it was said to have much less debris in the area we needed to run.
The top of the bay certainly had its share, but a lot of it was in the form of a line.
I haven't heard of anyone having any severe damage from the debris.

The sun came out, many ran their boats which over flowed the Marina at the Nauti Goose.
The turn out was quite large as predicted . Msybe not 100, but there was enough to pack in every slip and then some.

Picks are coming.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 09-10-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for ignoring me Nolan, TOOL...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.