Did the RTB run get canceled??

Notices

Did the RTB run get canceled??

Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Thanks for ignoring me Nolan, TOOL...
Call me what you want, I don't care to share and i'm sure it wouldn't be real hard to get the story out of someone. Sorry if I don't want to air the story on a public forum or to someone I don't know that calls me a "TOOL" since I didn't bow to them. Good way to get something from some one, I hope your not a negotiator in your day job.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Yes, the fog rolled in and no sooner when it was being discussed to modify the run the fog lifted and moved out very quickly..

Several meetings took place leading up to any start.

Jeff had taken a vote on who was still willing to make the run knowing debris was to be out there. He more or less left it up the the boat owners to decide whether they would stay on the dock for the day or head out onto a newly drafted course. The idea was to not run to Red Eyes once it was delayed too long.

So it was decided that we would make a new lunch stop at the Chesapeake Inn. AWESOME place BTW !

This was up on the C&D Canal where it was said to have much less debris in the area we needed to run.
The top of the bay certainly had its share, but a lot of it was in the form of a line.
I haven't heard of anyone having any severe damage from the debris.

The sun came out, many ran their boats which over flowed the Marina at the Nauti Goose.
The turn out was quite large as predicted . Msybe not 100, but there was enough to pack in every slip and then some.

Picks are coming.....
Glad you had fun Tim and everything worked out for your group. Your pics look great as they always do and I'm sure the Marine Unlimited guys will be pleased. The Chesapeake Inn is a very nice place, and almost every place i've been to down there has been nice, damn expensive to tip those dock hands though. When we docked at any place down there it cost us between $30-$50 to tie by the time you were done tipping. Very cool waters without a doubt.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow, with all the DRAMA I would have expected this to be one of the worst poker runs I have ever attended. However, after doing the event, listening to all the rumors and having the worst expectation, it was one of the most enjoyable poker runs that I've ever attended. Even with the debris in the NE River, fog delay and modified course....

My lesson in all of this... I don't believe anything I read on the internet any more and always verify rumors with facts.

It's a shame... OSO used to be my favorite site as you can see from my post count.. It's threads like these that make me not want to keep coming back... I have enough stress at work and at home with 2 little rug-rats than to read all this stuff.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgT4F5QHeuQ[/YOUTUBE]

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan
The Chesapeake Inn is a very nice place, and almost every place i've been to down there has been nice, damn expensive to tip those dock hands though. When we docked at any place down there it cost us between $30-$50 to tie by the time you were done tipping. Very cool waters without a doubt.

Interesting... I've lived here for 6 months and I've never paid $30-50 in tips to tie up anywhere.... I throw a kid 5-10 bucks and they do an excellent job. Sorry to hear you over-paid.

Try going to NYC.... $1-3 foot to dock plus tips.... Everything is relative folks.

Last edited by Panther; 09-11-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

Glad everyone had a great time and enjoyed the lunch . How much did this cost per boat ? Anyway been going to the Inn for 10 yrs , 5-10 bucks and Andy and his dock workers are a happy bunch
Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad you had fun Tim and everything worked out for your group. Your pics look great as they always do and I'm sure the Marine Unlimited guys will be pleased.
Thank you Noland.

Yes, the response has been very positive.

Especially with the unveiling of 6 - 24 x 36 Framed and Matted Prints to one of the the MTI owners.

They were happy but I look forward to getting many more impressive shots for them in the future even if it means doing a photo session with his boat.

A new thread for my coverage can be found here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...unlimited.html

I would also like to note to everyone that is looking for the helicopter shots from Rock the Bay, the photographer's name is Randy Nuzzo. You can find him on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/randy.nuzzo

So many people approached me on the dock before the event about photos and I made it clear that Randy would be in the air to cover the event same as in years prior and I was to be shooting from a boat with my main priority being Marine Unlimited's customers. Of course I shot anything else that was around me when it wasn't taking any time from the Marine Unlimited's boats.

So if for some reason Randy wasn't able to get a shot your boat, you can always visit my site to see if I have something at water level.

Out of professional courtesy, I introduced myself to Randy at the event and discussed everything I intended to do.

We had a great discussion and I hope the best for him with this event. I know it had to be very challenging with having the course shortened up so much it wasn't going to leave him very much time to cover everyone...but it was the right thing to do under the circumstances...

Once again, my coverage thread is here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...unlimited.html

Enjoy !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me what you want, I don't care to share and i'm sure it wouldn't be real hard to get the story out of someone. Sorry if I don't want to air the story on a public forum or to someone I don't know that calls me a "TOOL" since I didn't bow to them. Good way to get something from some one, I hope your not a negotiator in your day job.
Pretty easy to let people know privately if you don't want to air "dirty laundry"

And yes thank you. I am very successful at my career dealing with people on a daily basis.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Maybe we did over pay, our own fault I guess, we met Andy and himself and dock crew were always great to work with and super friendly.

As far as the run I don't believe myself or anyone ever said a bad thing about the run and waters it is held on, however the organizer and the BS about donations vs what he pockets is another thing. I'm glad everyone had a trouble free and fun weekend and next time I guess we tip a little lighter if there is one.

Last edited by nitrousnolan; 09-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

Did anyone give rides like Jennings spoke about? Or did anyone get any pics?

Link: http://www.speedwake.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68894

Speedwake
View Public Profile
Visit Speedwake's homepage!
Find all posts by Speedwake

Tweet this Post! #9 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Speedwake
Escaped Lunatic

SPEEDWAKE
Rock The Bay 2011 will be teaming up with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to give handicapped kids boat rides on Friday afternoon - I hope you'll see fit to share your ride with kids who would really enjoy the ride!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 PM

I think Nitrousnolan, Markymark and Hap should get together and host a upper bay poker run.

The turn out would be huge!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaulinGas
Did anyone give rides like Jennings spoke about? Or did anyone get any pics?

Link: http://www.speedwake.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68894

Speedwake
View Public Profile
Visit Speedwake's homepage!
Find all posts by Speedwake

Tweet this Post! #9 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Speedwake
Escaped Lunatic

SPEEDWAKE
Rock The Bay 2011 will be teaming up with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to give handicapped kids boat rides on Friday afternoon - I hope you'll see fit to share your ride with kids who would really enjoy the ride!

I had contacted Jeff via email months ago and volunteered to take kids out for a ride. I never got a response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.