Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011 >

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Great, what size vest will he need I have a Large and a XXL extra.
He's either a M or Lg, but I believe we have a neoprene he can use. Thanks again for taking him, I'm sure it will mean a lot to him.

See everyone on Saturday..
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Anthony, looks like there will be 5 of us.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTeam
Anthony, looks like there will be 5 of us.
That's it?! I think I remember there being more boats last year....at least at the start! Even though it was rough at times, this was probably my favorite run that I have ever done. Between the cruise down the Hudson, the Tim Sharkey "photo shoot" in Manhattan, the run up the East River and my favorite, the last run of the year, throttles to the dash, boats going away for the winter so lets burn some fuel "race" back up the Hudson to where the ramp is. Nothing better (even when your fuel pump is letting go and you burn up your #8 cynlinder ) !!!!!

If you are on the fence about this one, go!!!

Have fun and be safe!
Attached Thumbnails Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011-ladyliberty.jpg   Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011-eastriver.jpg  

Last edited by Big Time; 10-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Looks like you guys nailed the weather!!! Enjoy the Run and maybe next year for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
That's it?! I think I remember there being more boats last year....at least at the start! Even though it was rough at times, this was probably my favorite run that I have ever done. Between the cruise down the Hudson, the Tim Sharkey "photo shoot" in Manhattan, the run up the East River and my favorite, the last run of the year, throttles to the dash, boats going away for the winter so lets burn some fuel "race" back up the Hudson to where the ramp is. Nothing better (even when your fuel pump is letting go and you burn up your #8 cynlinder ) !!!!!

Have fun and be safe!
Chris,

I believe the boat count is well over 25 at this point. I think we also picked up a pack of Jet Skis that will be following us up from Newburgh. The weather looks great too!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time

Have fun and be safe!
+1

There's a lot more going that don't post on these forums. Should be a full house.

You and Pete should come down. Sr. as well

Last edited by prostock85; 10-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Well count me and my buddy in!! We are coming from LAcey, NJ so we are about 2 1/2 hours from the ramp. We will be leaving early Saturday morning.
It will be my girlfriend and I in my 27ft Wellcraft Excalibur,
Jeremy in his 24ft Wellcraft Scarab SCS.
I talked to Anthony and Tim, sounds like a great run to be doing.
See everyone Saturday

My boat

Jeremy's boat

Last edited by crapr6; 10-06-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please remember for you guys coming from NJ...

YOU CANNOT TOW ON THE PALISADES PARKWAY in NY.

You have to jump on 9W North or 303 north to 202 off of 287/87 to get to the marina. The gps units want you to take the palisades because it is a direct route but 9w and 303 run parallel to it. So please plan accordingly.

Thanks Anthony

Last edited by nordic95; 10-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
Please remember for you guys coming from NJ...

YOU CANNOT TOW ON THE PALISADES PARKWAY in NY.

You have to jump on 9W North to 202 off of 287/87 to get to the marina. The gps units want you to take the palisades because it is a direct route but 9w runs parallel to it. So please plan accordingly.

Thanks Anthony
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rage Powerboats
Chris,

I believe the boat count is well over 25 at this point. I think we also picked up a pack of Jet Skis that will be following us up from Newburgh. The weather looks great too!
Nice! Run that thing hard!

Originally Posted by prostock85
+1

There's a lot more going that don't post on these forums. Should be a full house.

You and Pete should come down. Sr. as well
We are all heading up north to the cabin this weekend to get the house ready for winter and work on all the sleds. I think we are going to try to do the CT River Run, but that's all we got on the schedule until Key West.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.