We Wll Stay For Lunch
Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We like food!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

If the weather looks good we will probably make the trip...looks like a good time....my boats always full....6 people for lunch. Keep you posted.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Default Funrun

In with 3 for lunch- gotta let my baby see her Rage siblings and papa Mark!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajrdonzi18
In with 3 for lunch- gotta let my baby see her Rage siblings and papa Mark!
We will defintitely show them something!!!
Cya then.

Tom
Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

total 6 -7
oh that little jet boat on sunday sucked up seaweed ha ha
bob
Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluev427
total 6 -7
oh that little jet boat on sunday sucked up seaweed ha ha
bob
Good for them, Im suprised they didnt hurt someone or something.

Anthony
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I spoke with Tim Sharkey today and he is in for the run to take HD pictures and possibly video. We also talked about a helicopter for the ride up to Kingston. Would anyone be interested in photos of their boat while running from the copter? The copter would run us about 1100.00 for two hours of fly time. this would have to be divided by anyone who would want pictures taken of their boat or if we could get a couple "SPONSORS" to help pay it. So pictures would be taken from copter on the ride up, then after lunch Tim will jump in a boat and take pictures on the way back down. Just an idea and I would love to do it so let me know some thoughts....

Thanks Anthony
Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nordic95
So I spoke with Tim Sharkey today and he is in for the run to take HD pictures and possibly video. We also talked about a helicopter for the ride up to Kingston. Would anyone be interested in photos of their boat while running from the copter? The copter would run us about 1100.00 for two hours of fly time. this would have to be divided by anyone who would want pictures taken of their boat or if we could get a couple "SPONSORS" to help pay it. So pictures would be taken from copter on the ride up, then after lunch Tim will jump in a boat and take pictures on the way back down. Just an idea and I would love to do it so let me know some thoughts....

Thanks Anthony
I would go for it assuming it's a nice day. When would you need to know by?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Sharkey-Images is in !!!

I just spoke with my pilot and discussed several scenarios depending on if we have enough interest for a chopper.

One 1 way is 60 miles which I think we could cover most of the boats, but the other option is that I have him land at the Kingston Airport while everyone has lunch and then use up the balance of 2 hours flight time to shoot as many as we can on the way back.

I just had a thought as well, if we only do 60 miles and the sun is out, we may want to shoot the boats on the way back instead of the way up . Coming on the way back puts the sun on everyone's faces and the boats.

If we have a commitment from as many people as possible before next week, or if I can get a sponsor to help with the chopper, any extra money we can get from the participants will be given to the sponsor to help offset the costs for everyone.

What I mean by commitment, is a deadline will have to be set and the chopper needs to be paid in full . No exceptions.

If for any reason we don't fly, if it's weather or not enough money to cover the chopper, full refunds will be sent out.

The pilot only bills for actual flight time, so we don't get charged if we asked him to wait while doing lunch or if the flight is canceled.

He typically does most of his charter flights on Saturdays, so I would like to give him advanced notice if we can't afford to hire him.

If a company is willing to sponsor a portion or all of the chopper costs, and would like dedicated time spent on their product, I will waive my $500 Day Rate for them and they can use that towards the chopper.

Hopefully we can make this happen this year !

If not, the fall back plan will be to shoot from a boat.

P.S.

I need to look into seeing if the chopper has a place to land at Stoney Point Marina. We would need written permission from the property owner. If not there is a helipad just south of the Water Club, but their is a landing fee which I is an additional cost and we would need to find out what that would be as well. If it is way too much, I will just have to go over to Westchester about 45 min drive.

So what is everyone's thought's ???

2009 Examples heading south with SUN:

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.