Notices

Boyne Thunder 2012

Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Boyne Thunder 2012

Back to the drawing board. Several request for new course for Boyne Thunder 2012. Thought I would get this thread started as talks progress. Still talk about getting Elk Rapids put into the mix. Stay tuned as I get more info and input.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Open for suggestion to take to the board. If you would like you can forward them to [email protected] and I will make sure they get to board.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And this decision needs to be made before the first of the year. Bottom line is we want to have the BEST poker run with what we have.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

The current set up is nice with all the open water. People really get to appreciate lake Michigan compared to all the smaller inland lake poker runs.

Elk Rapids hates power boats

Maybe old mission point, fox islands, beaver island, bay harbor. Etc.

Its really hard to make a great event better!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

This is a very hard one to figure out. The ports we use are awesome and really enjoy having us. If the current course gets enough support, maybe I can get them to keep it the same. Work on all your friends to give some feed back please!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say anything about your course, having never run it.........but the entire event was spectacular to watch. To me it looks like nice course with a good mix of open water and inland, with nothing too short in between stops. Either way, we'll be participating this year. Wife's already got the calendar marked

Is there a posting somewhere about rules/regulations? Pending weather/lake conditions we'd like out 4 yr old to be able to ride with, just wondering if that'd be taboo or not.

after seeing the caliber of boats down there only makes me wonder how fast the slowest boat is
Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halfgassed
I can't say anything about your course, having never run it.........but the entire event was spectacular to watch. To me it looks like nice course with a good mix of open water and inland, with nothing too short in between stops. Either way, we'll be participating this year. Wife's already got the calendar marked

Is there a posting somewhere about rules/regulations? Pending weather/lake conditions we'd like out 4 yr old to be able to ride with, just wondering if that'd be taboo or not.

after seeing the caliber of boats down there only makes me wonder how fast the slowest boat is
I had the pleasure of riding on one of the 39 CC and we were not the slowest. We ran most of the course about 65mph. Got it a little over 70 a few times.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

www.boynethunder.com , for any further question you can contact Hugh @ 231-582-9009. The only problem I would see with a 4 year old is the boat wakes you will be runnibg accross. Pretty hard for a little one to hold on safe. Hitting a wave is one thing, being thrown side to side for a little one is not very safe. Boat with little ones all the time, don't believe I would bring any of my little buddies on that day.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

If you do bring the 4 year old, might be able to get some safe names for baby setting. Don't take any names from Dr T!LOL
Old 11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look 4ward 2 have'n ya down!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.