Havasu Boat Show and Desert Storm, April 20-28 >

Havasu Boat Show and Desert Storm, April 20-28

Notices

Havasu Boat Show and Desert Storm, April 20-28

Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturday night party

The wifey wants to know if anyone plans to dress for the "Hollywood" theme on Saturday night. She wants to but doesn't want to be the only one. What do you think?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend getting your costume ready for the Saturday night Desert Storm bash. The costume party/dinner they have each year at the "Monster Bash" Poker Run in Havasu in late October/early November is always a big hit. I don't see any reason why this one will be any different. Should be a great week of activity in Havasu with the Boat Show and Desert Storm back-to-back.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Registered

I really wanted to go this year! I just started a new job at Molycorp mine 45 minutes outside of Vegas. I have no vacation or sick time until i'm off probation in July. I'm working Wednesday -Saturday that week. I wanted to hit the street party and poker run! Always next year!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

If you can't make Desert Storm -- maybe come to Havasu the weekend before, April 20-22, for the Boat Show. You'll see some awesome new model introductions and the boat racing program should be excellent. I'm hearing that the CRC boat and the Amsoil boat will be squaring off.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered

We're only a couple of weeks away from the Lake Havasu Boat Show, April 20-22, with Desert Storm to follow just a few days later. The boat show will be packed with high performance -- over twenty different high performance boat manufacturers showing the best they've got. And there won't be any let-down on the power side of the market with Mercury Hi-Performance, Teague, Ilmor, Boostpower, GT Marine, IMCO and others there too. We've got a great boat and water ski racing program scheduled for Saturday and Sunday along with an outstanding line-up of street rods and muscle cars for the Legends by the lake car show. In fact, if you have a car you'd like to exhibit, we're still taking registrations. Only $35 per vehicle and you get a lot of cool stuff! Just go to the website, www.lakehavasuboatshow.com for all the info!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At this time in two weeks I will be on a plane heading to Vegas and then havasu!! Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxoUE...e_gdata_player
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

Default raft up

Coming to Desert Storm and Havasu for the first time. Is there a raft up after the run and where on the lake?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Registered

If you're looking for a raft-up spot after the Desert Storm poker run on Friday, check-out Steamboat Cove, just a couple of miles south of Pilot Rock on the Arizona side of the lake. Since this is your first time to Havasu, it wouldn't hurt to pick up a map/chart of the lake from a place like West Marine (on Industrial Blvd. and London Bridge Road). Steamboat is always a good raft-up spot, especially for larger boats. If you'd prefer to run north, the "sandbar" is another "hot spot" which is about 10-11 miles once you enter the river portion heading toward Topock Gorge. Since you're a newbie to the area, I'd strongly suggest you use the new "deep-water" channel that was just dredged this past December to get you safely through the very shallow (only a foot deep in many spots) transition area between the lake and the river. If you have a large boat (anything over 25-foot) with a stern drive and don't know your way around, chances are you'll wind up running aground if you don't use the new channel (located on the California side, adjacent to Catfish Cove). The channel is clearly marked with buoys (half mile long, 50-75-feet wide, no wake speed) and is about 3 to 5 feet deep. Most Havasu launch ramps are giving out free info cards on where the channel is located. Either place, Steamboat or the "sandbar" , you'll have a blast!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by twocents
If you're going to Desert Storm and want to see boats run from shore, your best day to attend would be Friday, April 27 which is the Poker Run. Hit the Nautical Inn about 8am Friday morning and hang there until about 9:30am (go to the driver's meeting and then check out the cove and the docks, it will be a madhouse). At 9.30am jump in your vehicle and go south on Highway 95 to Sand Point Marina and RV Park (about 15 miles down the road). Viewing from there is good (Lake is narrow at that point) and boats will be at full speed heading to the first card stop at Havasu Springs. Once they pick up card #1, everybody turns back around and heads north again back by Sand Point a second time. If you're hungry, the Sand Point cafe serves a pretty good breakfast too.
Sorry - forget to thank you for the info! Do you ink I will be able to just pull into the sand point marina and rc park and hang out or will I get harrassed? Not sure how things are out there, maybe everyone just turns the other way during the weeks events?

Just don't want to piss anyone off or have an incident ruin my day!

Thanks
Jim
Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

I think you've got a couple of options for viewing. If you're on a boat, Sand Point Marina has some courtesy docks, but space is limited. If you're coming by car, I've never had a problem pulling into the RV Park/Marina and parking (however it might be crowded on poker run day). If you do park there, you might want to plan on hitting the cafe for a little food or beverage -- then the management can't say much about you being there. You can also go down the lake/road about another half mile and pull into Cattail Cove. It's a public facility and viewing from there should be pretty good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.