Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   4th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 22nd-23rd 2012 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/269321-4th-annual-lake-cumberland-thunder-run-june-22nd-23rd-2012-a.html)

tim brown 06-20-2012 02:11 PM

we are headed out on thursday . Tim

flenner 06-21-2012 06:52 AM

Stupid question. We are getting in Friday but might not make it in time for the lunch run. Entry form said we get a free boat slip. Who do we check in with when we get to Grider about the slip? We are staying at the lodge at Grider. Thanks

Marginmn 06-21-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by flenner (Post 3714329)
Stupid question. We are getting in Friday but might not make it in time for the lunch run. Entry form said we get a free boat slip. Who do we check in with when we get to Grider about the slip? We are staying at the lodge at Grider. Thanks

Just go into the Marina store and ask them the same question. They will probably have a booth set up for registration. The web site says registration starts at 6:00 pm central.

slimscheck 06-21-2012 10:17 PM

All cleaned up and ready.. Although we are just coming to watch and check out all the nice stuff!!! :whistle:

Marginmn 06-25-2012 10:08 AM

What a great weekend. Many regulars here at Grider Hill said it ranked up there was one of the best weekends they have ever seen at this marina. Already looking forward to next year.

Now if we can just get the WP on board. I guess they never got the memo that the State of KY wants more tourists, not fewer.

BuddyLuV 06-25-2012 10:21 AM

What an awesome event...Thanks to Dan, Linda,Justin and Crew who made this such a great time.....

Steve Zuckerman 06-25-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 3716881)
What a great weekend. Many regulars here at Grider Hill said it ranked up there was one of the best weekends they have ever seen at this marina. Already looking forward to next year.

Now if we can just get the WP on board. I guess they never got the memo that the State of KY wants more tourists, not fewer.

Very nice poker run, put together very well. We had a ball and will definitely be back.
I second that on the KY Water police. It may have been the "dry water weekend" that led to what I thought was over zealous enforcement. The KY Tourism Dept. should have a conversation with Water Enforcement. I did not see them pull over anyone with poker run #s on their boats. I wonder if they did?
Regards,
Steve

ITLLFLI 06-25-2012 11:04 AM

What a great time! Very well put together and Grider Hill was a great host Marina!

Steve-you have a great looking Nordic...it runs really good also!

lakeshoreconst 06-25-2012 11:14 AM

Our group had a great time also. Party'd with The locals on the 200 dock both nights, great people. Four marine patrol at Harmon was a little more than I was comfortable with, Went to the dam and had a good time with the Steve Boat and crew. Already planing for next year.

Steve Zuckerman 06-25-2012 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI (Post 3716946)
What a great time! Very well put together and Grider Hill was a great host Marina!

Steve-you have a great looking Nordic...it runs really good also!

Nice meeting and running with you too.... I love your boat, and it does fly!
Regards,
Steve

Steve Zuckerman 06-25-2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by lakeshoreconst (Post 3716956)
Our group had a great time also. Party'd with The locals on the 200 dock both nights, great people. Four marine patrol at Harmon was a little more than I was comfortable with, Went to the dam and had a good time with the Steve Boat and crew. Already planing for next year.

Nice hanging out with you guys too. I love your Daytona. What a beautiful boat.
Regards,
Steve

tim brown 06-25-2012 02:02 PM

we had a great time also , well organized event . we are 4 for 4 of your events . Tim and Sandy

39 Unlimited 06-25-2012 05:39 PM

What a great time! Kudos to Dan and team you guys put on a great run.
Hope to see everyone in Nashville next month.

Gary

rcamp 06-25-2012 07:08 PM

Thunder Run

We also had a great time. Will be back next year for sure.
Thanks to the people who organized the event. Awesome job..

still smoking 06-25-2012 07:42 PM

Had a great time and thanks for putting this on! It was our first poker run and my wife and I loved it. It would have been better had someone not went left of center as we were leaving Grider Hill and totaled my trailer!

39 Unlimited 06-25-2012 08:17 PM

A little GoPro action of the 90 - 100 mph class start. Was one of the more organized starts I've seen, pace boat kept everyone until boats entered lakes main body. Great job to the Eliminator that started us. He also walked right away from us, very fast boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzUxpQVBPw

chattviper 06-27-2012 10:17 AM

Great vid Gary! Looks like a fun group to be in next year!!

Great job Justin, Erin and Dan ,Linda!!! Awesome event!!! Thanks for everything!

Josh LaFountain 06-28-2012 09:35 AM

One of the best weekends ive ever had on water....hell one of the best weekends ive had period. It was my first poker run and im hooked. Thank you all !!!

hammerdown500 06-30-2012 11:23 AM

thanks dan

Thanks Dan and Linda and the rest of the crew. this was my second run and what a great time had by all even those of us that destroyed equipment. lol

yellowfiero88 06-30-2012 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by chattviper (Post 3718686)
Great job Justin, Erin and Dan ,Linda!!! Awesome event!!! Thanks for everything!

X2! Hope I did not annoy you guys with a bunch of newb questions!

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain (Post 3719570)
One of the best weekends ive ever had on water....hell one of the best weekends ive had period. It was my first poker run and im hooked. Thank you all !!!

It was my first poker run also. I am with you on being hooked. Now I need to get the procharged 502's together for next year so I ain't the slowest boat out there :o

Was also great getting some good professional pics of my boat running!

I had 1 causality tho...... blew the truck motor on the way out of cincy :mad: Nothing like a mechanic doing a piss poor job on a intake gasket. Been looking for an excuse to buy a new diesel, the old 454 was thirsty as hell!

gofastlvr 07-01-2012 10:18 PM

I want to thank Dan and the whole crew... I have been to several events and can't say enough great things about this run! It will be on our calendar every year... The event was VERY well managed by the whole staff and will get bigger and better going forward.

See you guys in Nashville!

20outlaw 07-03-2012 09:19 PM

Sorry so long to post, took a little vacation after the run, want to say thanks from myself, Dan, Erin, and Linda to all that attended and glad everyone had a good time, this event would not be possible without all the support we recieve form you guys, look forward to seeing everyone back again next year and hope to make it to Nashville.

Justin Lucas

20outlaw 07-03-2012 09:21 PM

We will be updating the website with pics from this year as time permits, Smith Photography has a lot up on there site now.

TBAG 07-05-2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited (Post 3717412)
A little GoPro action of the 90 - 100 mph class start. Was one of the more organized starts I've seen, pace boat kept everyone until boats entered lakes main body. Great job to the Eliminator that started us. He also walked right away from us, very fast boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzUxpQVBPw

Great vid! Thanks for sharing, love your Gun.