Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
High Life/Noyzee fun run. north shore!!! HELP!!!! >

High Life/Noyzee fun run. north shore!!! HELP!!!!

Notices

High Life/Noyzee fun run. north shore!!! HELP!!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow High Life/Noyzee fun run. north shore!!! HELP!!!!

ok, guys im working on the High Life run in memory of mike and im having a hell of a time figuring out what to do.
i am looking to make this run fun for all boats from 20 foot to 50 foot and all in between.

i spoke with the manager at the mad fish grill in glouchester mass. she is all set for us on the 14th i just need to call her with aprox boat/people count the week before so she can save dock space and be sure she has the wait staff on duty and bar tenders to cover all of us. so that is going to be our first stop.
my plan is to meet at the ramp saturday maybe around 10 am anyone from far away that is going to trailer can meet at ramp and we can get together. anyone coming from boston or what no on your own bottom then i was thinking lets meet at 11 am at misery island which is right on the other side of bakers island. easy shot from boston on the right boat.

once we are all together at misery island we can head out for the ride up to glouchester. raft off and go up for lunch and drinks.

the next leg of the trip im having a hard time with do to the unknown water conditions of the day.
if its not great out i was thinking head back down the coast to kettle cove. toss anchors and just hang out for a bit. if its nice we could shoot over into boston. if its so so then some guys can split and head to boston and others can stay.
my final destination after the run and after dropping off mikes kids (if they do not jump on with other people) will be back to kettle cove and i will be spending the night.

please fill me in with what you think. i want to make this a great run in memory of mike and i want it to be fun for all but its not easy to do. its hard to set up a run that will be good for a 20 cc and also good for a 42 ol

i figured if we can get together at ramp then misery and get all the boats together then up to mad fish that will be a great first leg that any boat can do. from there maybe we can figure out what to do.
what do you guys think?

up the coast is not a far ride. in my boat at between 30-50 mph its about 20 min ride i think its like 10-13 miles

mad fish is all set and a great first stop because some people cant boat but want to come and see mikes kids and the boats etc and they can drive there cars. its a great spot and i know the people there will take care of us and i know without an issue we can fit 15-20 boats east. last time with mike we had like 12

please fill me in on what you want to see so i can make this a great event and show mikes kids a great time!!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

no one? tell me what you would like to see to make this run a good one
Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Registered

come on guys? who is in? what would you like to see? long run, short run? what will help to get more of you to make the trip?

we could do a 50/50 drawing. tickets sold. 1 winner. winner gets half other have goes to charity?
anything?
right now i have about 8-10 locals going, with about 3-5 maybe id love to get 20+ boats. let me know
Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered

here is some info i posted it has a lot of the info on the run. please come support the run!!

July 14th, anyone coming up for the high life memorial run? come join us and enjoy the day.
it will be a noyzee fun run in memory of mike (High Life) his kids are going to be there, and a few of his family. we are going to do a run up the coast to a spot that i have reserved dock space and we can raft at least 20 boats (last run mike was with us we only had a small spot but we still got 10 boats in so we will be in good shape.

the run will be easy to do from either local ramp or shooting over from boston area.

the run will start at kernwood boat ramp then to misery island/cocktail cove where we will float around for a half hour- an hour and wait for anyone coming from other locations. we will then do the run up the coast to glouchester to the mad fish grill. they will have dock space for us and they will have bar and tables all set up for use (i need a close people count so they can be sure to have the wait staff set up)
from here will will decide where to next. it will depend on the water conditions as we will have all types of boats but we will either go back to kettle cove and raft up swim hang out, or over into boston or if water is real nice we could go out and around over to newbury port. either way it should be a great time.
anyone in??
all suggestions are welcome as well.
let me know thanks

i will try to make a basic map of the first part of the run. i will be spending the night on the boat after the run where ever we end up so anyone wanting to stay is welcome, also if you want boat slips i can arrange at least 4-5 boats at my marina, it is $2 per foot per night. and i can also get lists of local hotels etc.
anyone wanting to meet up at my house is also welcome. its easy to find and you could follow me to boat ramp there is a parking lot at end of my street that will hold any size boat (like a curtain white outer limits)
kernwood boat ramp is all brand new i dont think there will be any restraint on tides. misery island has mooring so its a easy spot for final meeting place. my personal mooring will hold myself and atleast 3-4 other boats then there are 20+ other morings so its an easy spot.
it should be a good time. as of now im going to plan on meeting at the ramp about 10-10.30 then shoot to misery till about 12-12.30 then head on up.

please let me know if your in, how many people so i can have this set up well.
thanks for the suport. any money raised will go to the same charity that the high life stickers is going to and that will be donated at the motorcycle memorial run that we will be doing for my friend cory who died last year in motorcycle crash in august.
so come out and enjoy the day and donate to a good cause.

thanks for the support.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

current list of boats!!

me 26 checkmate
28 pantera
38 fountain cc or 33 sutphen depending if sutphen is done
24 baja sport
31 fountain cc
21 checkmate
28 phenox
25 (i forget the brand name but a small cruzer)
25 baja
25cc
38 formula
253 checkmate
31 sonic
33 baja
26 sutphen
26 outlaw
Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered

up top. only a couple weeks till the run. should be fun.
i have 3 more maybe boats!! lets gooooo
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

go to the north east section for more info on this run.

anyone else in??
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

just about 1 more week. anyone else coming??