Contraband days...lake charles >

Contraband days...lake charles

Notices

Contraband days...lake charles

Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
I had planned on going but my engines and superchargers are still out of the boat getting rebuilt. I should hopefully have the boat back by mid May.
What HP do you have? I bet that 29 footer moves fast with supercharged 502's.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Sounds like my problem. Just got a call from the shop and one of the trim cylinders for the Arneson conversion is missing. It will be a miracle if I get to make Tickfaw or Contraband Days. I already booked my hotel. I may be cancelling it. What HP do you have? I bet that 29 footer moves fast with supercharged 502's.
Yeah, I am crossing my fingers for 15 May. I am pretty sure with the current pulley I should be running about 575hp per engine. I sent the superchargers (B&M 250s out to Supercharger USA for a total rebuild as well as getting the engines rebuilt from top to bottom. I also added a set of Stainless Marine dry pipes as well. I was running low compression #s on the cylinders when we took them out (120-125 psi). I was running 85-86 mph GPS before with a full tank of gas (155 gal) and the boat fully loaded with 6 people. I am hoping to get some more power with everything being rebuilt and I am looking to be above 90 mph. I can also always go to a smaller top pulley as well; right now I was only running 3-4 psi of boost. I can still go down 2 more pulley sizes if I wanted. I just cannot wait to get the boat back and have it running good so I can get out on the water. Just a few unfortunate events took place that set me behind this year. It is all water under the bridge though and the boat is being worked on again.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Yeah, I am crossing my fingers for 15 May. I am pretty sure with the current pulley I should be running about 575hp per engine. I sent the superchargers (B&M 250s out to Supercharger USA for a total rebuild as well as getting the engines rebuilt from top to bottom. I also added a set of Stainless Marine dry pipes as well. I was running low compression #s on the cylinders when we took them out (120-125 psi). I was running 85-86 mph GPS before with a full tank of gas (155 gal) and the boat fully loaded with 6 people. I am hoping to get some more power with everything being rebuilt and I am looking to be above 90 mph. I can also always go to a smaller top pulley as well; right now I was only running 3-4 psi of boost. I can still go down 2 more pulley sizes if I wanted. I just cannot wait to get the boat back and have it running good so I can get out on the water. Just a few unfortunate events took place that set me behind this year. It is all water under the bridge though and the boat is being worked on again.
I have 502 blocks (Bored to 509) with 250 blowers with 7lbs of boost and 1 Nickerson carb. 605hp at 5500rpm. My top speed was only 70mph. My boat weighs 11500lbs without fuel. After my Arneson Covversion, I should be in the 80's. I was told to expect 10-15 mph improvement over the bravos. We will see......
Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bdavies
Shawn are yall going to make tick faw
nope Brian we skipping this year
got that big 70 footer I gotta work on
Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
nope Brian we skipping this year
got that big 70 footer I gotta work on
YES...Well it looks like that will make me the new "King of Speed , Top Gun, The Big Cheese" for 2012 then...... Yea right, I have to be careful of what Jet Skies I pick a race with.

Sucks that ya'll are not going

Last edited by joe27baja; 04-13-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Sounds like my problem. Just got a call from the shop and one of the trim cylinders for the Arneson conversion is missing. It will be a miracle if I get to make Tickfaw or Contraband Days. I already booked my hotel. I may be cancelling it.
Man thats got to be like a punch in the gut!!