Notices

MCPA Poker run (Nashville)

Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were having a little trouble with the website.. I also posted the Face book link.... hopefully that pdf link will work for you..THANKS!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BuddyLuV
Your 2nd link of the PDF worked for me, but the Facebook link doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing that maybe the event is "Closed / Invite Only" and that is why the Facebook link isn't working?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Registered

the event was on private...I changed it to public..SORRY!!!

Last edited by BuddyLuV; 06-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Bring them all to Knoxville next weekend to get warmed up for Nashville
Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We'll be there!!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Just booked my room at the Hyatt, however I couldn't get the $114 rate. They said the block of rooms were all gone. I did get it for $129 per night. We are really looking forward to this run. We have never been to this lake before.

My question is on Friday, we will probably not get on the water till about 10:30 or 11 and we want to make the run down to Nashville and according to the schedule on the website we probably wont make it through the lock when everybody else does. I have never been through a lock before and how difficult is it or what is the protocol? Do you have to call the lock master or do you just show up and wait and they let you in? Sorry for my inexperience with this in advance. We still want to lock through and try to meet up with everyone. Thanks in advance for your advice. Shay
Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Therapy Session
Just booked my room at the Hyatt, however I couldn't get the $114 rate. They said the block of rooms were all gone. I did get it for $129 per night. We are really looking forward to this run. We have never been to this lake before.

My question is on Friday, we will probably not get on the water till about 10:30 or 11 and we want to make the run down to Nashville and according to the schedule on the website we probably wont make it through the lock when everybody else does. I have never been through a lock before and how difficult is it or what is the protocol? Do you have to call the lock master or do you just show up and wait and they let you in? Sorry for my inexperience with this in advance. We still want to lock through and try to meet up with everyone. Thanks in advance for your advice. Shay
His number is 615-847-3281...

I would call him first to check for barge traffic but we are probably not locking through until around 11 just because it is only 20 miles downtown so that goes by pretty fast even at a cruise speed and why would they be in such a hurry to lock through and get there at 1030 before anything opens I don't know!

The lock will open and you can pull in.. Anyone outside the boat has to have on a life jacket. Some times, depending on which lock master, he makes everyone put on a life jacket. We take a couple orange cheapo's just because they aren't as hot and believe me it gets like an oven in that lock. Take a old towel with you to dip in the water if it is hot for sure. Otherwise just get tied up to the yellow pylons (DO NOT TIE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THE YELLOW FLOATING PYLONS ALONG THE WALL) There are 3-4 on each side or raft off to another boat and then just enjoy the ride. It will take about 20-25 minutes once the door closes behind you.

Same deal up stream but when you get ready to go up stay back a little ways from the big wall as there is a LOT of turbulence as they let the water back down and it comes out of the lock in front of the flood gates. Just pay attention and its not a big deal but it may wash you around a little if you aren't under power where you can maneuver you could end up somewhere you don't want to be.

Stay basically in the middle of the river too as it gets shallow along the side of the river and there are logs and stumps that will ruin your day. It's about 12-20' deep all the way downtown so no problems just watch the buoys and enjoy the ride. See you in Nashville!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
His number is 615-847-3281...

I would call him first to check for barge traffic but we are probably not locking through until around 11 just because it is only 20 miles downtown so that goes by pretty fast even at a cruise speed and why would they be in such a hurry to lock through and get there at 1030 before anything opens I don't know!

The lock will open and you can pull in.. Anyone outside the boat has to have on a life jacket. Some times, depending on which lock master, he makes everyone put on a life jacket. We take a couple orange cheapo's just because they aren't as hot and believe me it gets like an oven in that lock. Take a old towel with you to dip in the water if it is hot for sure. Otherwise just get tied up to the yellow pylons (DO NOT TIE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THE YELLOW FLOATING PYLONS ALONG THE WALL) There are 3-4 on each side or raft off to another boat and then just enjoy the ride. It will take about 20-25 minutes once the door closes behind you.

Same deal up stream but when you get ready to go up stay back a little ways from the big wall as there is a LOT of turbulence as they let the water back down and it comes out of the lock in front of the flood gates. Just pay attention and its not a big deal but it may wash you around a little if you aren't under power where you can maneuver you could end up somewhere you don't want to be.

Stay basically in the middle of the river too as it gets shallow along the side of the river and there are logs and stumps that will ruin your day. It's about 12-20' deep all the way downtown so no problems just watch the buoys and enjoy the ride. See you in Nashville!
Awesome info Chad, thanks

Justin Lucas
Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets get this thread up and going . we will be there . we need to talk this up so there is a good turnout .
Old 07-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Yeah from what I've been hearing this will probably be the best turnout we have ever had.. Mostly thanks to Buddy and his efforts. I'll be shocked if we don't have 75+ boats!

I know a Florida Powerboat Club representative (THANKS STU!!) and I think Randy from Cobra Power is coming up and I am going to start working a little harder on Pier 57 since they have a customer or two in Nashville

It's going to be a great run and a huge party so I'm with you guys.. let's keep this thread going and hope for some good weather!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.