Notices

Sacandaga Lake - Fun Run

Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dagah2x
I just posted a link on Boatfreaks, quite a few Sacandaga guys over there. Ive got about 4-5 guys that will definately be in.

Vettex1, who are you or what boat do you have? Im sure I know you but dont recognize your screen name? Thanks for putting this together, we talk about it every year but never do it.
This is vettex

Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just posted a link on Boatfreaks, quite a few Sacandaga guys over there. Ive got about 4-5 guys that will definately be in.

Vettex1, who are you or what boat do you have? Im sure I know you but dont recognize your screen name? Thanks for putting this together, we talk about it every year but never do it.
I'm just trying to help out so it can happen. Should be a great time, lets just pray the weather holds out.

-Brian

Last edited by vettex1; 06-14-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got any room on that thing for 2 washed up old boaters? LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SPEEDJUNKIES750
Got any room on that thing for 2 washed up old boaters? LOL

we'll find room, call john and plan on being up here....
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

What hotels are around and how far from the lake if I were to come out for the weekend. I would want to stay over at least one night if it worked out. Let me know. Also what is the situation with open exhaust noise, don't want a ticket. Thanks in advance, please let me know asap.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

Any cats coming ???
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

They do not bother you for exhaust
Old 06-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HTGMotorsports
Any cats coming ???
I am going to ask my friend with the #6 skater, not sure what he has going on that weekend
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

Cigrocket, no need to worry about loud. Crowd on this lake welcomes the boating enthusiast and will be happy to have the business and scenery. There are not any hotels on the Great Sacandaga but ten minutes away is the Gloversville/Johnstown area which has plenty to choose from. Rough it out and stay in your cabin if need be. There are plenty of spots to anchor or dock. All restaurants on the lake offer courtesy docks and overnight stay to the best of my knowledge and with the purchase of a few beverages it makes more sense to . As long as I don't get called in to work that day I will see you all there.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The owner of Miller's Grandview Marina (the launch site) should be running his 35' Spectre Cat.

Never been bothered for noise either.

As far as hotels, if you don't want to stay on your boat, there is a small hotel up the hill (walking distance) from Sport Island Pub called the flip in, nothing fancy but its clean. There is also the Holiday Inn in Johnstown which is about 10-minutes from the lake and a Super 8 across the street from that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.