Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th >

2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th

Notices

2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th

Old 08-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Where do I begin? I have had a couple days to catch my breath and my wife says I am much nicer to be around now that the run is over. There are so many people to thank I think it will be impossible. My wife Chrissy and I received so many kind words from all of you. We remember everyone of them and they were very much appreciated! We are so glad that people enjoyed their time at the run. We also know that we can do it even better next year. We have identified a glitch or two in our check in system and it will be remedied. Thank you to 100 of the 102 boats who were so patient and made the difficult task a fun experience. We also now know that we have out grown the Ball Room. We had 350 people in the room and finally ran out of seats. I can not thank the people enough who ate on the patio as an overflow. Everyone was awesome about it!! We will learn from our mistakes and do even better next year. I need to thank my wife who worked a 13 hour shift at the check in table! Jolene Zirilli again this year worked tirelessly and has become a valuable asset to the WNYOPA family. Sam Zirilli busted his but in the ramp, parking lot, and docks. He somehow managed to shoe horn 102 boats, trucks, and trailers into space for 75. Great Job! RJ Dimarco helped us place all the barriers in the lot late Thursday night and came back Sunday morning and moved all 70 on his own. Jason Larson, our most recent past president, came out of retirement to help all day Friday. We absolutely could not have done it with him. Dave Maloney prepared the power point for the drivers meeting. Awesome job Dave. I could go on and on about people who stepped up. Thank you to all of you! Tony and I have already began talking about how to do better next year, and I assure you we will. I met so many great people and saw so many smiling faces that I actually feel a little emotional about it. I feel like we were all apart of something amazing. It is hard to explain. I can only hope you all feel the same. Thank you for being a part of The 2013 Buffalo Poker Run!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

Steve we know you guys are die hard when your already thinking of 2014. It was too funny when you walked up to me and Nicole and said a big congratulations (about the new boat) then looked at her belly (she's pregnant) and said oh congrats on that too. Lol don't worry you weren't the only one and she got a kick out of it. Already have a crew lined up for the boat and a baby sitter for next summer!!!

Last edited by shepnic74; 08-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:37 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smckie
I feel like we were all apart of something amazing.
That's because you are !

In just a few short years that I have been involved, WNYOPA managed to build a WORLD CLASS EVENT that has proven it to become more of a National or should I say, North America Event with so much support that came in from Canada this year.

I look forward to next year because I know you Buffalo people really no how to raise the BAR ....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-13-2013, 12:46 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Active Thunder , AMT , Apache Pics now online:

2013 Buffalo Poker Run Photos CLICK HERE

Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Registered

A little video from my daughter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhLuIQ21ebk
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

So when is the run next year so I can have the number 1 on my registration placard??
Old 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

August 8th & 9th , 2014

Old 08-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Default Thanks

First and foremost I would like to thank the members of WNYOPA for giving me the opportunity to organize this event. Over the last three years I have learned a lot and meet some of the greatest people. These friendships will last a lifetime and are something I will cherish. The turnout this year was incredible and I thank everyone that attended. I also thank you for the posts, emails, text messages, and kind words about the run. It is these that will keep me motivated to raise the Bar once again next year. I think we can all agree that this year was a huge success. But with that will bring a few challenges for next year. As we can see from the many amazing videos on YouTube already, the public was out in full force this year. We now have to work on education to keep them out of the channels. I know next year will be even better and look forward to the planning. We have many exciting new ideas that will add even more value to an already good value. Thanks again to Tim Sharkey for once again being our official photographer. Tony Esposito it was a pleasure meeting you and having you cover the run, you are a true professional. Thanks speedonthewater.com and Matt Trulio for the great coverage and sending Tony out.

Thank you to all our sponsors especially Woodward Industries and J-R Marine. Without you this event would not be what it is today. Thanks to the wonderful guys that sit on the board with me. A special thanks to my amazing wife Sara for putting up with all my boat stuff all year. Steve you are the best and a major asset to this club. Your help and input was priceless. When we combine our passions we truly are an unstoppable team. I am almost scared to see what we will end up with for the 2014 Buffalo Poker Run. See you August 8th and 9th, 2014.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bravo !!! Bravo !!!!

WYOPA you have once again continued to produce a (as Sharkey said) World Class Event!

This years Poker Run was outstanding!!! The venue is the best I have ever attended to ... food was excellent .... the staff at Templeton Landing was very hospitable .....

The people that attend these runs make the runs !!! It is always all about the people .....From the World Class Organizers to the most generous sponsors to the most incredible attendees .... That is what really makes a run like the Buffalo Poker Run such fun and a world class event.

I didn't get a chance to talk to many of the of the people I wanted to and intended to .... So on that note I apologize for not saying hi .... that being said I met a lot of new people to the Buffalo Run and we partied like rock stars!

Apparently I need to do some upgrading in the sound department ..... Lol .... The boys from Oneida Lake rocked the harbor all weekend .... not for nothing but I think Rodney could give most of the clubs on Chippewa a run for their money ....

I was fortunate to get an opportunity to meet Tony Esposito from speedonthewater.com ...... Not only did we quickly become friends .... Tony joined Mike (Bad Habit) and I in the run ... he rode half the run with each of us. Tony in turn wrote an amazing story covering this years run from the dock party Friday night to the end of run Saturday. Tony on behalf of everyone Thank-you!

How about the guy who brings all of us a true reflection of what happened before during and after this World Class Event..... Tim Sharkey ... not only a guy I am proud to call a friend but a true professional at capturing some pretty incredible pictures and videos of not only the amazing boats on display both in flight or at the dock .... but also be able to create a taste for anyone who thought or thinks they want to join this amazing group in next years event. Thank-you Tim ... Great Job you really are an asset to the club and to tourism of Buffalo!!!

As far as the rest of the weekend .... you can't make this sh!t up ..... from a crazy dock party to the amazing weather that burned the hell out of me ..... Thank god I had a back up of Captain Morgans at the dock .... which turned into a gong show at the Adam's Mark Hotel ..... It started with Crocket walking by the bar ..... to finding out there was an international Adult Toy Expo going on the same time 900 Baptist church members were all staying at the same hotel as me .... nuff said about that! LMAO!!!!

I thought I was on vacation this week only to find out from Sandi that the Betty Ford Clinic isn't a resort .... Hmmmm ....

On that note cheers to everyone, everyone who organized everyone who attended this years WORLD CLASS POKER RUN!!!!!

It happened because all of you made it happen ...

Sincerely,

Captain Morgan

P.S. This place isn't bad ..... See ya next year!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thanks Jeff !

The Buffalo Poker Run was a splash !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.