Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan >

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan

Notices

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan

Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

How many speed groups will there be this year? Myself and others like the way its currently set up. The fastest boats go last. Since the coarse is so wide open its nice that everyone gets a chance to run with each other, take pictures, and enjoy running along side of other powerboats. Thats half the reason we attend, if we wanted to run alone out in the middle of Lake Michigan we wouldn't come! I understand that its hard to organize and control so many boats, but Boyne is blessed with some of the best participants and organizers in the poker run circuit. With the addition of more boats I assume you are looking into 3 speed groups? Under 80mph, 80-100mph, 100+ or something like that?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
How many speed groups will there be this year? Myself and others like the way its currently set up. The fastest boats go last. Since the coarse is so wide open its nice that everyone gets a chance to run with each other, take pictures, and enjoy running along side of other powerboats. Thats half the reason we attend, if we wanted to run alone out in the middle of Lake Michigan we wouldn't come! I understand that its hard to organize and control so many boats, but Boyne is blessed with some of the best participants and organizers in the poker run circuit. With the addition of more boats I assume you are looking into 3 speed groups? Under 80mph, 80-100mph, 100+ or something like that?
I believe we R go'n back 2 the multi start!!! we try'd sump'n dif last year & it didn't work!!!! live & learn
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 34 Posts

For all the people who attend and are reading this, It was cool for spectators at the City park to see all the boats go by side by side. I felt it was a little unsafe. If we get both groups going, slower group 1st, a single file parade with 60+ boats would also be pretty cool! That is the controled way to do it, I hope everyone is ok with that.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It was a cluster for sure
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NKissau
It was a cluster for sure
Hey Nick, I know that, as I said we tried sump'n dif, didn't work!! gunna do better 4 shore!! Thanx 4 your understanding!! gunna C U in Miami???
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Sounds great! The spectators on shore deserve a sweet fly by! I mean, it is Boyne City who puts this Poker Run on (even though wrinklenutz imagines he does!)

Looking forward to showing the fans a good time! I remember the day when I was on the sidelines watching poker runs and races, both broke down or to young to own a boat!

In Boyne Thunders defense. I was at the meeting and understood all the instructions given about the parade lap, but some of my fellow boaters did not. No big deal, like they said, they tried something different. But it actually would have worked great if ALL of us boaters would have followed directions! I guess this year Wrinkle shouldn't sit in front of the projector! (sorry buba, it was just to easy!)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sounds great! The spectators on shore deserve a sweet fly by! I mean, it is Boyne City who puts this Poker Run on (even though wrinklenutz imagines he does!)

Looking forward to showing the fans a good time! I remember the day when I was on the sidelines watching poker runs and races, both broke down or to young to own a boat!

In Boyne Thunders defense. I was at the meeting and understood all the instructions given about the parade lap, but some of my fellow boaters did not. No big deal, like they said, they tried something different. But it actually would have worked great if ALL of us boaters would have followed directions! I guess this year Wrinkle shouldn't sit in front of the projector! (sorry buba, it was just to easy!)

I agree, it wasn't so much the idea of the parade lap that caused problems. It was a certain group of boaters that just couldn't wait to blow by everybody. The 55mph speed limit quickly turned to 155mph
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Rooms for Boyne Thunder..PROMO CODE DISCOUNT

This year Boyne Mountain Resort is the official hotel for Boyne Thunder. They will have a shuttle running Friday, Saturday and Sunday so you will not have to drive. You can book rooms online at www.Boyne.com but make sure you go and click on Boyne Mountain to book your rooms or call 1-800-462-6963. When doing either of these make sure to use PROMO CODE...DTHUN and receive your room discount for Boyne Thunder. This will be a big event this year so book your rooms NOW!!!! We are also working on having a little pre-party on thursday night at Boyne Mountain.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NKissau
I agree, it wasn't so much the idea of the parade lap that caused problems. It was a certain group of boaters that just couldn't wait to blow by everybody. The 55mph speed limit quickly turned to 155mph
That and the morons who decided to get up on plane while still in the channel at Lake Michigan. Probably one of the diciest moments I have been in. Boats nose to tail and gunnel to gunnel while multiple wakes ricochet off the break wall, not fun.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start booking your rooms at Boyne Mountain for the event and use the Promo code DTHUN and get a discount. Boyne Mountain is the official Hotel of Boyne Thunder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.