Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Performance Boats Event (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/293930-performance-boats-event.html)

jspeeddemon 04-02-2013 08:12 AM

Performance Boats Event

June 7th,8th,and 9th 2013
Drumming up interest in attending a performance boat Event in Lake Anna,VA.
Brett B. will be there taking aerials for the magazine.
Real good time and great Event.

Trying to get some Big boats to attend to round out the Event . There are a few singles and twins that are attending the Event that would like to match up against other Performance Boaters. Wide Open water out in front of the Dam will accomodate any size boat.

Who else has a fast single or twin that would like to do a little impromptu running?

Go Time 04-02-2013 08:32 AM

Event format

How about a little info on the event. What type of event is it, Kilo runs? Is there a sponsor organization? Specific location? Ramps? accomondations nearby....

jspeeddemon 04-02-2013 08:11 PM

This event has been written up in performance boats before, Lake Anna ,VA, known as Jack Wellers Feast. Imagine the biggest backyard party, right on the Lake. There were boats from as far away as FL last year, and they had a blast. Friendly VA folds hosting the Event, very welcoming to all visitors.
The event starts light on Thursday with the early crowd, sgets going good on Friday, really gets crankin on Saturday, and winds down on Sunday, a travel day for alot of people.
Lots of nice homes around the lake for rent, check VRBO.com for information, in addition there are a couple local motels on the lake, but I believe they are just about full. Fredericksburg, VA is about a half hour from the lake with plenty of hotel space.
It is a great Event, with lots of great people. The host has a tremendous area right on the lake to host this Event.
There is nothing official race-wise, liability issues I'm sure, but plenty of fast boats. In the past they have done a Radar Run on Sundays. Multiple ramps around the lake.
You won't be disappointed if you like fast boats and general hotrodding. I am estimating there were 120-140 boats last year.

jspeeddemon 04-11-2013 09:09 PM

Lots of good people, good fun, racing, great venue right on the lake with boat parking for a couple hundred boats.
All boats, any size are welcome and you may end up in Performance Boats magazine if your ride is selected.

Reckless32 04-12-2013 01:40 PM

Yeah heard lots of good things about that weekend from friends who attended. They went there not knowing anyone, and came away with lots of new friends and funn stories.

jspeeddemon 04-12-2013 04:10 PM

Anyone that shows up to this event, whether they know anyone or not, typically has great time, meets a lot of great people, and can't wait to come back the next year.
The host feeds everyone on Saturday, typically a fish fry.

GPM 04-12-2013 04:49 PM

What about noise ?

jspeeddemon 04-12-2013 08:45 PM

Very relaxed about the noise, there are many open header boats at the event, never been an issue.

GPM 04-12-2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jspeeddemon (Post 3904488)
Very relaxed about the noise, there are many open header boats at the event, never been an issue.

That's a good thing, empty your mailbox

jspeeddemon 04-13-2013 11:33 PM

Dang these mailboxes fill up quickly!

ciaoderhead 04-14-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Go Time (Post 3897107)
How about a little info on the event. What type of event is it, Kilo runs? Is there a sponsor organization? Specific location? Ramps? accomondations nearby....

Mark, talk to David about this. Be a great place to take the Allison or Bobs boat.

Go Time 04-16-2013 07:15 AM

Woody, I did talk to David and he mentioned it. He said it was a great time. Bob and I have already discussed it and if we can fit it in the schedule, we will try to make a showing. If we go, I'm sure we'll drag something to float a cooler .... You going? I know David is planning to attend. Is the lake too small for the MTI ?? :)