2013 Sacandaga Lake Fun Run

Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year we had between 20-25 boats.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Registered

There should be a descent turn out if the weather is good. Bunch of guys that were at the Lake George powerboat/performance weekend were very interested in going. If the weather is good there should be a strong turn out.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Im interested in the run... Not familiar w the lake, but just got home from the Lake George run and had a blast!! Met some great people and really enjoyed being with people that love the hobby as much as i do. If i could get some info i would love it>
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered

I am no pro on the lake but everybody will help you out.I stay at the FLIP INN rooms going fast.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bajajay98
Im interested in the run... Not familiar w the lake, but just got home from the Lake George run and had a blast!! Met some great people and really enjoyed being with people that love the hobby as much as i do. If i could get some info i would love it>
Good times Jay nice meeting yourself and your girl friend, i will be texting you soon ..
Old 05-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bajajay98
Bajajay, below is some of the basic info, if you have any specific questions please post and I'm sure one of can answer for you. As far as running the lake, it shouldn't be a problem during the run, you can stay with the group and keep away from problem spots. Just obey the danger buoys.

The date is confirmed for June 22nd, on the Great Sacandaga Lake, not the little pond.

Meet at Lanzi’s on the Lake (1751 State Highway 30 | Mayfield, NY 12117) at 11am or ealier so we can be on the water by noon. You cannot launch a boat at Lanzi's.

I would suggest anyone that is trailering to launch at Miller’s Grandview Marina (342 Lakeside Dr, Mayfield, NY 12117). They have a good launch ramp and plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. They charge a small fee for launching but they have Gas right there for anyone who needs it. I believe they have 93-octane as well for the guys that need it. The owner will probably be running with us as well.

There is also a Public Launch in Broadalbin and Northville, but they tend to be quite congested.

I assume we'll try and keep the same route as last year, but its up for discussion. Planning on leaving Lanzi’s at noon and running up to the Conklingville Dam, which is at the furthest end of the lake. We can raft up out there for a while and then head to Sport Island Pub, no time is set, it’s a fun run, we’re trying to keep it relaxing.

After Sport Island Pub we can run down to Sand Island and raft up again. At this point we can stay until everyone is ready for dinner. We’ll be eating at Lanzi’s (buffet styly again), tickets will need to be purchased at start of the run so they can plan the food accordingly.

It should be a good time. If anyone has any suggestions please post them, we’re certainly open to any and all. Please get the word out there to anyone you know that may be interested in joining us! Also, please post if your coming with a head count as well so we can give Lanzi’s a heads up.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered

How is the water level? Must be high now.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Registered

767.82, its pretty high. I'm sure it will break 768 by the weekend.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

The run is approaching us quickly and we'd like to get an idea of how many people plan on attending this year.

We are also kicking around the idea of having the helicopter show up for a couple hours and getting some running shots. This will greatly depend on the interest shown to know if its worth it or not. We would like to keep the cost reasonable to get more people interested, preliminary costs we're looking at would be approx. $50-$75 per boat (maybe less if there is a lot of interest). Does this sound like something that you guys might be interested in? Please let us know if you plan on coming and if you would be interested in a helicopter photo. The pilot would also like to give rides as well.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Last edited by vettex1; 06-10-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

count me in, 2 of us for dinner & what ever happens with the helicopter.comeing up from hudson NY on fri. just have to tell me how to find whos in charge so I can pay up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.