Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013 >

Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

Notices

Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a conspiracy. I finally get the wife and kid to schedule the kids birthday party AROUND the creek run, and you cancel it. Every other year it was carefully scheduled for the day of her party. Unfortunately I can't make the Battleship run.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
This is a conspiracy. I finally get the wife and kid to schedule the kids birthday party AROUND the creek run, and you cancel it. Every other year it was carefully scheduled for the day of her party. Unfortunately I can't make the Battleship run.
Bummer. Sorry about that chief. There were a number of reasons we (ROPA) decided not to do the Eagle Creek run this year. Don't schedule something else on that date just yet though ...
Old 06-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Looks like I was able to secure (once again) my favorite boat number - 22!
Who are you kidding. You never took the numbers off from last year.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by laster
Who are you kidding. You never took the numbers off from last year.
Or the year before. Or the year before that. Or ...
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Its all good! Be sure you guys post lots of pics.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Its all good! Be sure you guys post lots of pics.
I'll do my best to get some pics up for you!

As for the rest of you, only a few weeks left. Time to sign up!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
The Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association will be running their 23rd annual Battleship Run (Poker Run) on beautiful Seneca Lake in upstate New York on Saturday July 20th, 2013. For those of you that have never attended, this run is a little different from some of the high dollar / high profile (and high stress / high cost) runs in other parts of the country.

First, it's a fairly low key event where you can come and truly relax around other folks who enjoy safe high performance boating, but don't feel that you need to run 180 MPH between card stops to have a good time. In fact the club runs three fleets with pace speeds of 45 MPH, 65 MPH and north of 100 MPH. You get to pick what pace speed is comfortable for you.

Second, you won't need a tux or evening gown for the social events on Friday and Saturday nights. In fact you'll find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt will let you blend right in. (Feel free to go wild on your choice of flip-flops though.)

Third, you'll find that the event is run out of the Showboat Hotel, on the shore of Seneca Lake with docking available right in front of your room. There's also a second hotel (the Rainbow Cove Hotel) a few hundred yards down the road that also has docking available right out front.

Fourth, you'll find a beautiful, deep, clear fresh water lake that's big enough to let you open anything you bring all the way up, but not so big that you'll ever get lost. And because of the size of the lake, you'll rarely find anything bigger than 2’-4' waves even on the roughest days.

Finally, you'll find a dedicated all volunteer staff to help you every step of the way. And you'll be amazed at who will offer to help you mend your wounded warrior (or anything else) before, during and after the event.

If you'd like to sign up, please visit the ROPA web site ( http://www.rochesteroffshore.com/index.html ). The entry forms will be posted up shortly and we'd love to hear from you. Questions? Send and e-mail to club President Bill Krystan (Whiplash here on OSO) at [email protected].

Hope to see you there!
Planning joining your run this year. I saw some concerns about larger boats at certain ramps. Dropping the trailer off the back of the ramp would ruin the fun for sure. With the large single step I have to have the trailer pretty deep to get overthe rear bunks with the step. I usually touch the water with the rear truck tires during launch. Suggestions?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The concerns you mentioned are long past solved. The lake level control was, for a couple of years, not working properly. They were letting out too much water in the summer as the gauge was wrong. That has been long corrected and lake levels are always fine and this year they are high. Severne Point launch (Severne Hill about 1 mile south of the Showboat off Rt. 14) is where most launch without a problem. We've also had some ( a couple of 42' Fountains I recall) launch across the lake on the eastside at Lodi Marine State Park. Also on the East side is Sampson State park. The advantage of the eastside is there is no big hill to go down and up but the disadvantage is your vehicle and traler is on the other side of the lake. We have free trailer parking at 4 Chimneys organic winery on the Showboat side about 1/2 mile from the Showboat (in between there and Severne launch). Glad to have you coming!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Happy 4th!

A happy 4th of July to you all.
Just a quick note that it is barely 2 weeks away to the 23rd annual Seneca Lake Battleship run. I will have some good news and updates soon but this will be one of the ceapest (entry fee) runs in the country, on a beautiful, clear, deep, long lake with no noise or speed restictions. Many good things added to this years run to make it one of the best ever. More to follow. Applications at www.rochesteroffshore.com and click on applications. I'll put down this direct link and hope it works as well http://www.rochesteroffshore.com/PDF...RunApp2013.pdf
Docks are limited and go to sponsors first and officers second so if you think you want a dock there is a spot on the application for it. You become a "dock sponsor" and can tax deduct it as a business expense, as we are a not for profit corporation. Don't hesitate. Dock requests are starting to roll in.
Whar are you waiting for! Where else is a better place to be in the middle of summer than here!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
The concerns you mentioned are long past solved. The lake level control was, for a couple of years, not working properly. They were letting out too much water in the summer as the gauge was wrong. That has been long corrected and lake levels are always fine and this year they are high. Severne Point launch (Severne Hill about 1 mile south of the Showboat off Rt. 14) is where most launch without a problem. We've also had some ( a couple of 42' Fountains I recall) launch across the lake on the eastside at Lodi Marine State Park. Also on the East side is Sampson State park. The advantage of the eastside is there is no big hill to go down and up but the disadvantage is your vehicle and traler is on the other side of the lake. We have free trailer parking at 4 Chimneys organic winery on the Showboat side about 1/2 mile from the Showboat (in between there and Severne launch). Glad to have you coming!
That's all good news. We're booked at the Rainbow cove Do we have to do anything special to get an overnight slip there? One of the guys coming with me says Rainbow lets you park rig/trailer behind their hotel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.