Atlantic city offshore grand prix >

Atlantic city offshore grand prix

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a two year hiatus, offshore racing has returned home.
The ATLANTIC CITY OFFSHORE GRAND PRIX, sponsored by the Golden Nugget and Geico, will happen the weekend of June 21,22, 23. The board would like to thank Dave Patnaude for virtually single-handedly making this race a reality.

On Sunday June 23 we kick it off with 97.3 ESPN SOUTH from 10:00 am to 12:00 Pm then we head over to the Ocean at the Steel Peer where their will be VIP viewing from the STEEL PIER!! You can also watch from the Beach or Board Walk
First Race upon weather Condition is at 12:00 pm wrapped up but 3:00pm with Trophy presentation at 5:00 pm at the Golden Nugget

Our Estimated Fan volume will reach as HIGH as 500,000 over the weekend with great weather Conditions. This is a provision from our Press coverage reaching over a Million People.

To Learn how to get involved go to OPA Racing to learn more

Looking for WATER VOLUNTEERS

NJ Offshore is always looking for volunteers who are able to bring their personal boats out onto the race course during race day. Our optimal goal is to have 30 to 40 boats stationed around the course during the race for safety reasons. NJ has been known as a very safe race due to the quick response time that we are able to demonstrate when an accident occurs.

Any boat that is over 24 ft can participate as a water volunteer. Actually, the bigger the better. Water volunteers fall into several different categories:

Turn Boats - The largest and tallest of the volunteer boats that mark the turns.
VIP Boats - VIP Boats are generally sport cruisers that carry VIPs and members of the Press.
Medical Boats - Usually 30ft fast boats that carry paramedics.
Dive Boats - Fast utility boats that carry SCUBA divers.
Sweep Boats - Boats from 24 to 45 ft used to keep the course clear and safe.
Marker Boats - Usually sail boats that mark the spectator area

Email if interested address volunteer.. [email protected] or
[email protected]
Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

That is going to be one killer weekend!

For anyone interested, there is a whole weekend of boating and motorsports going on. Borrowing the name Festival of Speed, NJPPC will have our annual Atlantic City Poker Run on Friday June 21. Saturday along with the race boat test and tune day, there will be an exotic car show benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project and we will be giving boat rides to wounded veterans. In between there will be all sorts of parties and get togethers to create one heck of a weekend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501191[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Atlantic city offshore grand prix-2013-ac-festival-speed.jpg  

Last edited by Tom A.; 05-22-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

the bad news is that I will have a booth there !
Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom , are you going to volunteer for the race or WR rides? Greig.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Greig.

I def. am giving rides Sat. and if they still need help that weekend, I probably will.
I just don't want to commit right now because I will still be healing from this broken foot and really wouldn't want to be out there all day if it is nasty.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

I am looking forward to the event and very thankful for the opportunity. I will have to admit that this event is going to be the BIGGEST event the JERSEY SHORE has seen in a long time. I have heard talks that this is Power Boat Racing's DAYTONA 500. If the weather is nice and all the Promotional work we could see fans passing 500,000 numbers. It is a Must be their EVENT. Everyone in Atlantic City is Pumped About and on the Jersey Shore.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Awesome Can,t wait to meet ya