Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

Notices

Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

The Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association will be running their 23rd annual Battleship Run (Poker Run) on beautiful Seneca Lake in upstate New York on Saturday July 20th, 2013. For those of you that have never attended, this run is a little different from some of the high dollar / high profile (and high stress / high cost) runs in other parts of the country.

First, it's a fairly low key event where you can come and truly relax around other folks who enjoy safe high performance boating, but don't feel that you need to run 180 MPH between card stops to have a good time. In fact the club runs three fleets with pace speeds of 45 MPH, 65 MPH and north of 100 MPH. You get to pick what pace speed is comfortable for you.

Second, you won't need a tux or evening gown for the social events on Friday and Saturday nights. In fact you'll find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt will let you blend right in. (Feel free to go wild on your choice of flip-flops though.)

Third, you'll find that the event is run out of the Showboat Hotel, on the shore of Seneca Lake with docking available right in front of your room. There's also a second hotel (the Rainbow Cove Hotel) a few hundred yards down the road that also has docking available right out front.

Fourth, you'll find a beautiful, deep, clear fresh water lake that's big enough to let you open anything you bring all the way up, but not so big that you'll ever get lost. And because of the size of the lake, you'll rarely find anything bigger than 2’-4' waves even on the roughest days.

Finally, you'll find a dedicated all volunteer staff to help you every step of the way. And you'll be amazed at who will offer to help you mend your wounded warrior (or anything else) before, during and after the event.

If you'd like to sign up, please visit the ROPA web site ( http://www.rochesteroffshore.com/index.html ). The entry forms will be posted up shortly and we'd love to hear from you. Questions? Send and e-mail to club President Bill Krystan (Whiplash here on OSO) at [email protected].

Hope to see you there!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many applications have you recived so far?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It was just confirmed at a meeting 2 weeks ago that the run will take place again this year. Therefore the website has not been updated yet (they are working on it) with 2013 events and applications so no applications are in yet. However we always know a certain core of individulas always come and we are looking forward to new participants (which we have confirmed some already). Check the website (www.rochester.rr.com) in a couple of weeks or so for the updated 2013 information and applications. If you check out the one on there now from 2012, everything including the cost will be the same.
Take a chance and come find out why we are one of the longest running events in the country!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I suppose I'm one of those "core" individuals. I've missed exactly one of these Battleship Runs since they began. (And that was due to a business trip to England that I couldn't get out of.) Trust me, it's a great run!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, 133 people have looked at this thread so far. I wonder how many have decided to give it a shot? My check will be in the mail as soon as the application is up on the ROPA web site.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

We'll see you there. I have "Jimmy B" ready to DJ for Saturday night.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm in and willbe there again for the 4th year in a row,it's a great time and can't wait to run my new boat 35 motion cat! I've upgraded almost every year cause I'm hooked on the boating and the great people to do it with!!!!! See you there!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Can't wait! My wife and I have participated every year in the run since we slept in tents at Barrett Marine. My motto for the past 20+ years has been; If you don't have your own boat, borrow someone else's. Their gas is cheaper ;}
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The ROPA website has just been updated: http://www.rochesteroffshore.com/
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatdoc
Can't wait! My wife and I have participated every year in the run since we slept in tents at Barrett Marine. My motto for the past 20+ years has been; If you don't have your own boat, borrow someone else's. Their gas is cheaper ;}
That is true. Which is why with you finally having a new boat of your own, and it is much bigger than mine, why don't I just borrow yours!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.