Pirate Ghost Parade/Treause Chest run Galveston, TX 10/12

Notices

Pirate Ghost Parade/Treause Chest run Galveston, TX 10/12

Old 09-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirate Ghost Parade/Treause Chest run Galveston, TX 10/12

Anyone doing this?? Or do it last year? Looks like a parade and pub crawl Sat, then run on Sun.

http://pirateghostparade.com/
Old 09-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

We did it last year on Tom's 40. Had a blast! Parade was on Friday last year and run Saturday. We did the run on land though. They changed it this year to Saturday and Sunday. Were all planning to go again but not working out as of right now.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Registered

To short of notice for me this year but sounds like fun next! Tim
Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

Maybe try to make the run
Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm finding it tough to find a crew, most everyone is fine with Saturday, but no one wants to do Sunday. The wife included in that. Wonder why they changed it from fri/sat to sat/sun??
Old 09-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I'm finding it tough to find a crew, most everyone is fine with Saturday, but no one wants to do Sunday. The wife included in that. Wonder why they changed it from fri/sat to sat/sun??
I guess to make it easier on participants in the parade if its on Saturday. Just do the parade with the crew, and then do the run on Sunday by car, which they allow. The parade is a blast. Last year, the first year for it, there were 45 boats/tow vehicles. The Strand was lined with people. The only thing I wish they would do is start the parade a little later so it would be dark when ya hit The Strand and the lights/decorations would stand out more. We had hotel reservations this year for Friday and Saturday night in Galveston, and Sunday night in Clear Lake to make it a long weekend. Tom ended up having an out of state commitment and couldn't be there till Saturday evening so taking his boat was out so I would have to take mine. Another couple had to back out so we decided to cancel too as we have a 10 day trip to Florida planned at the end of October. Tom's reservations in Galveston are nonrefundable so not sure what they are going to do. Tina hit us up this past week and asked if we were still going as they were wanting to go I think. Maybe John (Unhuh) was thinking of taking his boat. The wife just got back in town from being gone 10 days so will throw it around again this weekend.

Last edited by firehill19; 09-25-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I was thinking about doing the parade then trailer to kemah and run from there top water and turtle club. We at still discussing it. Wife isn't big on Sunday boating due to work Monday, laundry and such. I told her just don't get wasted real simple. I'm game if I can just get the rest of my peeps on board. Keith who is this john(uhnhu) u speak of! Pm if needed. Where did Tom get rooms??
Old 09-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

I thought you knew John. He works with Pete now. Him and Erin have a 33 OL. Ok, as of now, John is taking his boat. Tina and Pete going too and we are all staying Saturday night in Tiki Island. Tom and Marianella will be on board for the parade too. Not sure on Sunday's plan as i'm getting all the info from the wife as she talked/text with Tina this past week. I don't think we will do the poker run on Sunday by boat, even if they are. We will go by car and possibly stay Sunday night in Clear Lake as originally planned at the Comfort Inn on Nasa Rd. 1. Toms room in Galveston are at the Quality Inn near 61st and Seawall.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

keith do you know what kind of arrangements they have for overnight boat parking?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
keith do you know what kind of arrangements they have for overnight boat parking?
The boats were left at Galveston Yacht Basin parking area where the parade starts and where you decorate it. Grassy field. We are not 100% on going but Tina and them are as John has registered his boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.