Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event >

Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event

Like Tree6Likes

Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event

Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
  #11
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boat: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,010
Default

Originally Posted by 4bus View Post
What was I thinking considering a CAT??? Crazy to think that it just a few months we will be riding our sleds on the same lake we will be boating this weekend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508127[/ATTACH]
I guess you must not be able to handle real speed then..... lol

Arctic Cat!!!! Can you say Turbo....? lol

I would love to bring the boat out this weekend, but the weather will probably keep me from doing so. I have never been on Oneida lake yet pass by it all the time. Winter is on its way. Bring your sleds out here (Sacandaga Lake) and I can show you some good riding out here. They have a poker run every weekend here at the lake.
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 AM
  #12
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boat: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,626
Default

Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
I guess you must not be able to handle real speed then..... lol

Arctic Cat!!!! Can you say Turbo....? lol

I would love to bring the boat out this weekend, but the weather will probably keep me from doing so. I have never been on Oneida lake yet pass by it all the time. Winter is on its way. Bring your sleds out here (Sacandaga Lake) and I can show you some good riding out here. They have a poker run every weekend here at the lake.
The turbo RR was definitely a consideration, but a quick tug on the front bumper of the turbo showed me it was much too heavy for my tastes. I am still a ditch banging trail rider, with lots of off trail riding in the hills south.

That bar on the north end of your lake definitely looks like a sled bar! Might make it out there this winter, if not I plan on doing your boat run next June.

The weather is not looking good for Saturday as far as rain is concerned, however as you know in NY we will have to wait until Friday night to get an accurate forecast for Saturday.
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 AM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lake Ariel PA
My Boat: 95 30' cobra terminator cat, 2000 Fountain Fever 27, 96 29' fever, 79 hydro viper, 79 hydrostream vector
Posts: 310
Default

Wish I could of made it this year but I'm in the middle of repowering my 27, my old man should be there with his 29.
Good luck on the run, I wish I could of ran in it this year
tdpb2008 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
  #14
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lockport ny
My Boat: Hawk Edition Top Gun, Barn find 1978 24 pantera!! 28 6-pack pantera (sold!!), 96 28 pantera single(sold) 94 28 pantera twin (sold)the 41 apache well thats a whole other story
Posts: 3,289
Default

Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
I guess you must not be able to handle real speed then..... lol

Arctic Cat!!!! Can you say Turbo....? lol

I would love to bring the boat out this weekend, but the weather will probably keep me from doing so. I have never been on Oneida lake yet pass by it all the time. Winter is on its way. Bring your sleds out here (Sacandaga Lake) and I can show you some good riding out here. They have a poker run every weekend here at the lake.
Did you guys get much snow the last 2 years?? reason i ask is 4 years ago we went to lake george and had some of the best riding ever!! but the last 2-3 years snow looked pretty thin in your neck of the woods... wasnt any better in buffalo...
88bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM
  #15
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boat: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,010
Default

Originally Posted by 88bullet View Post
Did you guys get much snow the last 2 years?? reason i ask is 4 years ago we went to lake george and had some of the best riding ever!! but the last 2-3 years snow looked pretty thin in your neck of the woods... wasnt any better in buffalo...
Last year the lake was in nice shape. Enough snow to run it every weekend. Some of the trails were hurting for snow though. We just went 30 minutes north and had great riding from Speculator to Indian lake to Moose River Plains into Old Forge. The year before the winter was a wash and did one weekend of riding on the lake, but went to Canada most weekends and put on good miles there. They had a ton of snow 2 winters ago when we had nothing. Come out for a few weekends and I can show you the night life on the lake!
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM
  #16
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boat: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,626
Default

Let's talk about weather The forecast for Saturday is looking dicey. At some point a cold front will be coming through, and it will be bringing some rain with it. The problem is figuring out exactly when this rain might hit. That being said, as we get closer we will make a decision late Friday if the run will be ran on Saturday or Sunday. Deal breakers for Saturday will be a total washout only, in the times that we would be actually running, Saturday is the prime day. Stay tuned
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
  #17
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oneida Lake NY
My Boat: 38 Fountain Lightning 575sci xr
Posts: 3,626
Default

Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
Last year the lake was in nice shape. Enough snow to run it every weekend. Some of the trails were hurting for snow though. We just went 30 minutes north and had great riding from Speculator to Indian lake to Moose River Plains into Old Forge. The year before the winter was a wash and did one weekend of riding on the lake, but went to Canada most weekends and put on good miles there. They had a ton of snow 2 winters ago when we had nothing. Come out for a few weekends and I can show you the night life on the lake!
You can always find snow, its just a question of how far you want to travel. You must have a turbo if you enjoy Canada. For me Canada is the equal to driving a car on I90.

An optimist says winter will return this year for two reason. This is the first time in 12 years that the polar ice caps grew over the course of a year, and we did not have one hurricane in the month of august which would mean a late season of coastal storms to bring that cold air down here. We are also at the end of the "on again off again" winter patterns we have records of over the last 100 years. Its not like we haven't been getting snow, we just haven't had consistent cold temps to keep that snow for any length of time.

A pessimist would say a good winter will never happen again in the NE because of global warming, caused by guys like us with big trucks and boats
4bus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  #18
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lockport ny
My Boat: Hawk Edition Top Gun, Barn find 1978 24 pantera!! 28 6-pack pantera (sold!!), 96 28 pantera single(sold) 94 28 pantera twin (sold)the 41 apache well thats a whole other story
Posts: 3,289
Default

Originally Posted by 4bus View Post
You can always find snow, its just a question of how far you want to travel. You must have a turbo if you enjoy Canada. For me Canada is the equal to driving a car on I90.

An optimist says winter will return this year for two reason. This is the first time in 12 years that the polar ice caps grew over the course of a year, and we did not have one hurricane in the month of august which would mean a late season of coastal storms to bring that cold air down here. We are also at the end of the "on again off again" winter patterns we have records of over the last 100 years. Its not like we haven't been getting snow, we just haven't had consistent cold temps to keep that snow for any length of time.

A pessimist would say a good winter will never happen again in the NE because of global warming, caused by guys like us with big trucks and boats
big trucks?? did you sell the toyota?
88bullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  #19
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boat: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,010
Default

Originally Posted by 4bus View Post
You can always find snow, its just a question of how far you want to travel. You must have a turbo if you enjoy Canada. For me Canada is the equal to driving a car on I90.

An optimist says winter will return this year for two reason. This is the first time in 12 years that the polar ice caps grew over the course of a year, and we did not have one hurricane in the month of august which would mean a late season of coastal storms to bring that cold air down here. We are also at the end of the "on again off again" winter patterns we have records of over the last 100 years. Its not like we haven't been getting snow, we just haven't had consistent cold temps to keep that snow for any length of time.

A pessimist would say a good winter will never happen again in the NE because of global warming, caused by guys like us with big trucks and boats
I am an optimist! I always find snow somewhere. I do have a 2013 Turbo but I also like the tight twisty and off trail stuff too. Canada has a lot of different riding. Depends on what you want to do for that day. I have a few helmet vids I will try and post up. Sorry for Highjacking your thread.
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 AM
  #20
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boat: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,010
Default

Originally Posted by 88bullet View Post
big trucks?? did you sell the toyota?
Ouch! Is it rated for even pulling the snowmobile trailer safely...? lol
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser